News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Location accuracy analysis reveals improvement for mobile ad campaigns
The latest Location Score Index from location-based ad network Thinknear is good news for mobile marketers with a marked increase in accuracy recorded.
Thinknear today released data showing that the accuracy of location in mobile ad campaigns in North America has improved 12% since Q2 2014 - from 49 in Q2 2014 to 55 in Q3 2014.
This is Thinknear's second Index, set up to measure the accuracy of location data used in mobile ad campaigns. The company analyzed data from more than 1 billion ad impressions and undertook location accuracy tests on more than half a million consumer ad experiences during Q3 2014.
"Our goal in launching the first Index was to increase marketers' awareness and encourage the industry to improve the quality of data. We are pleased to see that app developers, networks and platforms selling location information are increasing the quality of that data in order to push the market forward," said Eli Portnoy, President of Thinknear. "We expect continued improvements in location accuracy each quarter."
Thinknear offers advertisers its own location accuracy service - Location Score Tags. The service uses a small tracking code, providing marketers with an overall Location Score for their campaign, a breakdown of their ad impressions by proximity to the user's true real-time location, and visualizations of their campaign's location data.
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...