News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Young mobile users annoyed by ads in apps
Youth insights consultancy Voxburner surveyed students in the U.K. to see what they find most annoying about mobile apps. One element stuck out more than others - ads in apps.
Young mobile users love their apps. Three-quarters (73%) have a core of up to 10 apps they use frequently, while half (53%) have more than 30 apps downloaded to their phone. Four percent have more than 100 apps.
The responses of 1,000 U.K. students to Voxburner's survey showed that many things irk them about mobile apps. Almost half (45%) are frustrated when apps take too long to load. Push notifications annoyed 34% and 28% immediately turned off the feature after downloading an app. Required login irks 30% and finding an app was not available for their device's operating system frustrated 35%.
However, far more than performance issues, it was ads in apps that proved the most annoying - cited by more than two-thirds (67%).
"The number of apps young people keep on their phone indicates that there's no space for those that aren't providing fun or utility," says Luke Mitchell, head of insight at Voxburner. "Annoy them with excessive push notifications or intrusive ads and you'll feel the full impact of the 'uninstall' button."
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Why brands must manage channel data
- Top 4 tips for SMBs to implement mobile strategies
- Top 3 tips to increase your brand's security
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....