News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Young mobile users annoyed by ads in apps
Youth insights consultancy Voxburner surveyed students in the U.K. to see what they find most annoying about mobile apps. One element stuck out more than others - ads in apps.
Young mobile users love their apps. Three-quarters (73%) have a core of up to 10 apps they use frequently, while half (53%) have more than 30 apps downloaded to their phone. Four percent have more than 100 apps.
The responses of 1,000 U.K. students to Voxburner's survey showed that many things irk them about mobile apps. Almost half (45%) are frustrated when apps take too long to load. Push notifications annoyed 34% and 28% immediately turned off the feature after downloading an app. Required login irks 30% and finding an app was not available for their device's operating system frustrated 35%.
However, far more than performance issues, it was ads in apps that proved the most annoying - cited by more than two-thirds (67%).
"The number of apps young people keep on their phone indicates that there's no space for those that aren't providing fun or utility," says Luke Mitchell, head of insight at Voxburner. "Annoy them with excessive push notifications or intrusive ads and you'll feel the full impact of the 'uninstall' button."
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...