News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Women spend more time and money in gaming apps
Women spend more time and money playing games on mobile devices than men, and they are more loyal, too, according to new research from mobile advertising and analytics platform Flurry.
According to Flurry, "the mobile gaming audience is not what it used to be". By that, they mean that women are dominating. In their analysis of a selection of mobile games that have reached at least 1.1 million devices, Flurry found that women dominate men in three key areas. Women spend more money on in-app purchases, they spend more time in gaming apps and they are more loyal.
- Women make 31% more in-app purchases than men;
- Women spend 35% more time in gaming apps; and
- Women have a 42% higher 7-day retention rate.
"While the broadening of the mobile gaming base may not be welcome by hardcore male gamers, it brings good news to advertisers seeking to reach their audience," writes Simon Khalaf, president and CEO of Flurry, in a blog post.
"In fact, advertisers are shifting billions of dollars in advertising to the mobile platform with the hopes of reaching the audience that is glued to smartphones and tablets 24/7/365."
In terms of overall gaming, the Entertainment Software Association's latest Essential Facts report found that almost half (48%) of U.S. gamers are female - the closest the genders have ever come to parity. It was only a few years ago (2006/7) when men made up the majority (62%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...