News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Women spend more time and money in gaming apps
Women spend more time and money playing games on mobile devices than men, and they are more loyal, too, according to new research from mobile advertising and analytics platform Flurry.
According to Flurry, "the mobile gaming audience is not what it used to be". By that, they mean that women are dominating. In their analysis of a selection of mobile games that have reached at least 1.1 million devices, Flurry found that women dominate men in three key areas. Women spend more money on in-app purchases, they spend more time in gaming apps and they are more loyal.
- Women make 31% more in-app purchases than men;
- Women spend 35% more time in gaming apps; and
- Women have a 42% higher 7-day retention rate.
"While the broadening of the mobile gaming base may not be welcome by hardcore male gamers, it brings good news to advertisers seeking to reach their audience," writes Simon Khalaf, president and CEO of Flurry, in a blog post.
"In fact, advertisers are shifting billions of dollars in advertising to the mobile platform with the hopes of reaching the audience that is glued to smartphones and tablets 24/7/365."
In terms of overall gaming, the Entertainment Software Association's latest Essential Facts report found that almost half (48%) of U.S. gamers are female - the closest the genders have ever come to parity. It was only a few years ago (2006/7) when men made up the majority (62%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 4 email worst practices and solutions
- Ad Roundup: Releases, partnerships focus on data
- Expert: How SMB owners can embrace the CMO title
- New AI technology optimizes mobile video ad campaigns
- eSports' social following growing faster than traditional sports
- Omnichannel retail strategy key to SME success
- UK: Post-Brexit sees rise in overseas online orders
- Study: Time spent with top 100 apps up 10%
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...