News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Women spend more time and money in gaming apps
Women spend more time and money playing games on mobile devices than men, and they are more loyal, too, according to new research from mobile advertising and analytics platform Flurry.
According to Flurry, "the mobile gaming audience is not what it used to be". By that, they mean that women are dominating. In their analysis of a selection of mobile games that have reached at least 1.1 million devices, Flurry found that women dominate men in three key areas. Women spend more money on in-app purchases, they spend more time in gaming apps and they are more loyal.
- Women make 31% more in-app purchases than men;
- Women spend 35% more time in gaming apps; and
- Women have a 42% higher 7-day retention rate.
"While the broadening of the mobile gaming base may not be welcome by hardcore male gamers, it brings good news to advertisers seeking to reach their audience," writes Simon Khalaf, president and CEO of Flurry, in a blog post.
"In fact, advertisers are shifting billions of dollars in advertising to the mobile platform with the hopes of reaching the audience that is glued to smartphones and tablets 24/7/365."
In terms of overall gaming, the Entertainment Software Association's latest Essential Facts report found that almost half (48%) of U.S. gamers are female - the closest the genders have ever come to parity. It was only a few years ago (2006/7) when men made up the majority (62%).
Image via Shutterstock
- SMBs: What to look for in your next device
- 3 ways analytics may be clouding your strategy
- Why brands need to know document search
- Half of cybersecurity experts say mobile payments are not secure
- Amazon the go-to place for consumers to search for products
- Which holiday season promos will motivate consumers to buy?
- Display ad revenues continue to rise despite ad blocking
- Mobile camera functionality key to capturing Millennials' loyalty
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...