News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Visible Technologies launches global geo-location tool
When most of us think about geo-targeting campaigns, we think local businesses looking for local consumers. A new release out from Visible Technologies is taking geo-location a bit broader, but for the same purposes: better engaging in-market consumers.
Targeting ads to consumers based on location has proven to be quite the boon for many online brands. A new set of geo-location tools out from Visible Technologies is taking local a little farther. This week, they're adding global geo-location tools to the Visible Intelligence platform; the tools are set up to pinpoint specific locations and language segments for marketers, enabling them to target social media content based on the data.
"The popularity of mobile devices for social media has significantly increased the amount of social data available to marketers. This data presents a new opportunity to understand and reach specific consumer audiences and evaluate markets with Visible's geo-location capabilities," said Richard Pasewark, CEO of Visible Technologies. "Global brands can use these types of insights to assess the voice of a customer at a specific location, analyze marketing impact, and make decisions on spend and consumer engagement."
According to experts more than three-quarters (85%) of US social media users are accessing their social networks through mobile devices; mobile ad spending is expected to push $40 billion over the next five years. By using social data to propel targeting, the Visible tools will be able to distinguish between posts and location to determine who is 'local' within a piece of content and who is visiting.
The tools also boast brand management and customer care options as well as digital marketing initiatives and research segmentation.
Image via Shutterstock
- Videos best for Facebook reach, but don't ditch the photos
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...