News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Visible Technologies launches global geo-location tool
When most of us think about geo-targeting campaigns, we think local businesses looking for local consumers. A new release out from Visible Technologies is taking geo-location a bit broader, but for the same purposes: better engaging in-market consumers.
Targeting ads to consumers based on location has proven to be quite the boon for many online brands. A new set of geo-location tools out from Visible Technologies is taking local a little farther. This week, they're adding global geo-location tools to the Visible Intelligence platform; the tools are set up to pinpoint specific locations and language segments for marketers, enabling them to target social media content based on the data.
"The popularity of mobile devices for social media has significantly increased the amount of social data available to marketers. This data presents a new opportunity to understand and reach specific consumer audiences and evaluate markets with Visible's geo-location capabilities," said Richard Pasewark, CEO of Visible Technologies. "Global brands can use these types of insights to assess the voice of a customer at a specific location, analyze marketing impact, and make decisions on spend and consumer engagement."
According to experts more than three-quarters (85%) of US social media users are accessing their social networks through mobile devices; mobile ad spending is expected to push $40 billion over the next five years. By using social data to propel targeting, the Visible tools will be able to distinguish between posts and location to determine who is 'local' within a piece of content and who is visiting.
The tools also boast brand management and customer care options as well as digital marketing initiatives and research segmentation.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...