News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Visible Technologies launches global geo-location tool
When most of us think about geo-targeting campaigns, we think local businesses looking for local consumers. A new release out from Visible Technologies is taking geo-location a bit broader, but for the same purposes: better engaging in-market consumers.
Targeting ads to consumers based on location has proven to be quite the boon for many online brands. A new set of geo-location tools out from Visible Technologies is taking local a little farther. This week, they're adding global geo-location tools to the Visible Intelligence platform; the tools are set up to pinpoint specific locations and language segments for marketers, enabling them to target social media content based on the data.
"The popularity of mobile devices for social media has significantly increased the amount of social data available to marketers. This data presents a new opportunity to understand and reach specific consumer audiences and evaluate markets with Visible's geo-location capabilities," said Richard Pasewark, CEO of Visible Technologies. "Global brands can use these types of insights to assess the voice of a customer at a specific location, analyze marketing impact, and make decisions on spend and consumer engagement."
According to experts more than three-quarters (85%) of US social media users are accessing their social networks through mobile devices; mobile ad spending is expected to push $40 billion over the next five years. By using social data to propel targeting, the Visible tools will be able to distinguish between posts and location to determine who is 'local' within a piece of content and who is visiting.
The tools also boast brand management and customer care options as well as digital marketing initiatives and research segmentation.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....