News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Visible Technologies launches global geo-location tool
When most of us think about geo-targeting campaigns, we think local businesses looking for local consumers. A new release out from Visible Technologies is taking geo-location a bit broader, but for the same purposes: better engaging in-market consumers.
Targeting ads to consumers based on location has proven to be quite the boon for many online brands. A new set of geo-location tools out from Visible Technologies is taking local a little farther. This week, they're adding global geo-location tools to the Visible Intelligence platform; the tools are set up to pinpoint specific locations and language segments for marketers, enabling them to target social media content based on the data.
"The popularity of mobile devices for social media has significantly increased the amount of social data available to marketers. This data presents a new opportunity to understand and reach specific consumer audiences and evaluate markets with Visible's geo-location capabilities," said Richard Pasewark, CEO of Visible Technologies. "Global brands can use these types of insights to assess the voice of a customer at a specific location, analyze marketing impact, and make decisions on spend and consumer engagement."
According to experts more than three-quarters (85%) of US social media users are accessing their social networks through mobile devices; mobile ad spending is expected to push $40 billion over the next five years. By using social data to propel targeting, the Visible tools will be able to distinguish between posts and location to determine who is 'local' within a piece of content and who is visiting.
The tools also boast brand management and customer care options as well as digital marketing initiatives and research segmentation.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...