News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.K. consumers use mobile to research, shop more than any other nation
Marin Software has identified the U.K. as being the nation that uses mobile to research purchases and shop more than any other.
When Marin Software (UK) analyzed data from £500 million worth of online advertising spend in the U.K. to see which device consumers were using, over half of all clicks originated from a mobile device.
That's far more mobile activity than in the rest of Europe where approximately one third of clicks came from mobile.
Furthermore, U.K. mobile users are more likely to engage with ads on their devices with the country's click-through rate 65% higher than that via desktop.
"Advertisers need to quickly adjust their strategies to accommodate the 'always-connected' British consumer, who's constantly on the go and whose shopping behavior is evolving all the time," said Jon Myers, MD and Vice President of Marin Software EMEA.
It's not just mobile search that engages mobile users in the U.K. According to Marin Software, British consumers are also more engaged with ads in social. The click-through rate among U.K. Facebook users, for example, is 37% higher than in the U.S. and 73% higher than in the rest of Europe.
"It wasn't that long ago that we were all debating whether Facebook would even exist in the future - now it's one of the UK's favorite places to shop," says Myers.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...