News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.K. consumers use mobile to research, shop more than any other nation
Marin Software has identified the U.K. as being the nation that uses mobile to research purchases and shop more than any other.
When Marin Software (UK) analyzed data from £500 million worth of online advertising spend in the U.K. to see which device consumers were using, over half of all clicks originated from a mobile device.
That's far more mobile activity than in the rest of Europe where approximately one third of clicks came from mobile.
Furthermore, U.K. mobile users are more likely to engage with ads on their devices with the country's click-through rate 65% higher than that via desktop.
"Advertisers need to quickly adjust their strategies to accommodate the 'always-connected' British consumer, who's constantly on the go and whose shopping behavior is evolving all the time," said Jon Myers, MD and Vice President of Marin Software EMEA.
It's not just mobile search that engages mobile users in the U.K. According to Marin Software, British consumers are also more engaged with ads in social. The click-through rate among U.K. Facebook users, for example, is 37% higher than in the U.S. and 73% higher than in the rest of Europe.
"It wasn't that long ago that we were all debating whether Facebook would even exist in the future - now it's one of the UK's favorite places to shop," says Myers.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...