News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.K. consumers use mobile to research, shop more than any other nation
Marin Software has identified the U.K. as being the nation that uses mobile to research purchases and shop more than any other.
When Marin Software (UK) analyzed data from £500 million worth of online advertising spend in the U.K. to see which device consumers were using, over half of all clicks originated from a mobile device.
That's far more mobile activity than in the rest of Europe where approximately one third of clicks came from mobile.
Furthermore, U.K. mobile users are more likely to engage with ads on their devices with the country's click-through rate 65% higher than that via desktop.
"Advertisers need to quickly adjust their strategies to accommodate the 'always-connected' British consumer, who's constantly on the go and whose shopping behavior is evolving all the time," said Jon Myers, MD and Vice President of Marin Software EMEA.
It's not just mobile search that engages mobile users in the U.K. According to Marin Software, British consumers are also more engaged with ads in social. The click-through rate among U.K. Facebook users, for example, is 37% higher than in the U.S. and 73% higher than in the rest of Europe.
"It wasn't that long ago that we were all debating whether Facebook would even exist in the future - now it's one of the UK's favorite places to shop," says Myers.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Why surveys may not offer all advertisers' questions
- Expert: Look for native to continue strong growth
- U.S. in-store and mobile retail experience found wanting
- Brits more interested in smart home tech than wearable tech
- Is TripAdvisor a gateway app?
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to increase viewability, deflate fraud
- Expert: The most important social metrics for brands
- Smartphones reach new milestone in U.S.
Featured White Papers