News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter testing video ads
Twitter is experimenting with video ads that look like Tweets in users' content feed in an attempt to better monetize the platform.
Video ad tests have, according to a Twitter blog post, "shown that Tweets containing native Twitter video generate better engagement and more video views than ever before".
Not only that, Twitter feeds will now be more visually appealing than its initial text-heavy appearance, particularly with previous launches of ad-based images.
Videos on Twitter will not begin playing automatically, different to the feature recently introduced on Facebook. Instead, Twitter users must initiate the video play themselves and it is this action that will prompt the advertiser to be billed.
"Video is an incredible storytelling medium and we're thrilled to be giving brands, publishers and a subset of verified users the ability to share organic and Promoted Video on Twitter," writes David Regan, senior product manager, TV and video, on the company's blog.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
- Expert: How to better leverage content via mobile
- Blogs play an important role in the path to purchase
- Black Friday, Millennials, shopping, standing in line and... spiders
- Amazon strikes a pose with huge fashion photography studio in London
- How does $1-$3 per month sound for an ad-free Internet experience?
- Study: How mobiles are influencing moms
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....