News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter testing video ads
Twitter is experimenting with video ads that look like Tweets in users' content feed in an attempt to better monetize the platform.
Video ad tests have, according to a Twitter blog post, "shown that Tweets containing native Twitter video generate better engagement and more video views than ever before".
Not only that, Twitter feeds will now be more visually appealing than its initial text-heavy appearance, particularly with previous launches of ad-based images.
Videos on Twitter will not begin playing automatically, different to the feature recently introduced on Facebook. Instead, Twitter users must initiate the video play themselves and it is this action that will prompt the advertiser to be billed.
"Video is an incredible storytelling medium and we're thrilled to be giving brands, publishers and a subset of verified users the ability to share organic and Promoted Video on Twitter," writes David Regan, senior product manager, TV and video, on the company's blog.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...