News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter testing video ads
Twitter is experimenting with video ads that look like Tweets in users' content feed in an attempt to better monetize the platform.
Video ad tests have, according to a Twitter blog post, "shown that Tweets containing native Twitter video generate better engagement and more video views than ever before".
Not only that, Twitter feeds will now be more visually appealing than its initial text-heavy appearance, particularly with previous launches of ad-based images.
Videos on Twitter will not begin playing automatically, different to the feature recently introduced on Facebook. Instead, Twitter users must initiate the video play themselves and it is this action that will prompt the advertiser to be billed.
"Video is an incredible storytelling medium and we're thrilled to be giving brands, publishers and a subset of verified users the ability to share organic and Promoted Video on Twitter," writes David Regan, senior product manager, TV and video, on the company's blog.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...