News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter testing video ads
Twitter is experimenting with video ads that look like Tweets in users' content feed in an attempt to better monetize the platform.
Video ad tests have, according to a Twitter blog post, "shown that Tweets containing native Twitter video generate better engagement and more video views than ever before".
Not only that, Twitter feeds will now be more visually appealing than its initial text-heavy appearance, particularly with previous launches of ad-based images.
Videos on Twitter will not begin playing automatically, different to the feature recently introduced on Facebook. Instead, Twitter users must initiate the video play themselves and it is this action that will prompt the advertiser to be billed.
"Video is an incredible storytelling medium and we're thrilled to be giving brands, publishers and a subset of verified users the ability to share organic and Promoted Video on Twitter," writes David Regan, senior product manager, TV and video, on the company's blog.
Image via Shutterstock
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
- AdRoll: Study finds retargeting focus for most brands
- Study: Power of Hispanic shoppers growing
- Report: News, media sites opening slow in mobile
- Marin: Brands looking to integrate marketing efforts
- Nielsen sheds light on the Millennial male
- Ad RoundUp: Analysis key to releases
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...