News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
TouchStore brings personalized live chat to in-store mobile shoppers
A new solution from TouchCommerce bridges consumers' mobile and physical store experiences together by offering personalized shopping assistance via smartphones.
TouchCommerce's latest technology solution, TouchStore, enables retailers to improve the omni-channel shopping experience for in-store customers by providing personalized online assistance via shoppers' mobile devices.
The TouchStore solution allows in-store shoppers to scan a QR code or send a text message to a number displayed near specific products within a store. Using a shopper's previous purchase and browsing behavior data specific content is presented to the TouchStore user or they are connected to a live chat operator. As well as being privy to the shopper's prior browsing behavior the live chat agent is also able to provide the shopper with rich content such as coupons, videos, guides and surveys.
According to TouchCommerce, "the shopper is able to maintain continuous, personalized support and use a smartphone to self-serve with expert guidance throughout the entirety of the shopping journey, all without the hassle of standing in line for assistance or having to explain needs to multiple representatives. TouchStore also provides shoppers with a wider selection of items, such as out-of-stock products, web exclusives, and more".
With many in-store shoppers today armed with a smartphone, TouchStore appears to be another way in which retailers can combat new shopping behavior such as showrooming and leverage mobile technology to convert browsers into shoppers.
For more information, check out the TouchStore Use Cases document online.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study tracks effects of Google search engine updates on user behavior
- Excessive use of in-store beacon technology decreases app use
- Report urges brands to go their own way and sell direct
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...