News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
There have been entire sections of employee manuals dedicated to email - from not giving out work email addresses to what kinds of emails to open in a work account to how employers expect email to be used for business. And yet email is still one of the areas in which company communication can break down.
From getting to many email replies that simply read 'yes' or 'no' to not getting a reply to an important email, managers and employees alike struggle. When is the right time to nudge about an email? How often should email be checked and should you ever reply with a simple 'yes' or 'no'. One expert weighs in on how businesses can use email better.
First, use an intuitive email client.
"[Businesses should] use an email client that automatically understands what your messages are about, determining the importance of content and who the sender is, and filtering out irrelevant emails that clutter your inbox," said Dave Baggett, CEO, Inky.
Second, never have emails subscriptions delivered to a busy inbox.
"[Workers should] unsubscribe from as many unnecessary subscriber lists as possible, or have them forwarded to an email subdirectory to prevent continuous distraction in the workplace. Employees will have the ability to revert back to the directory only when needed," said Baggett.
Third, pay attention to those subject lines.
"[Businesses should] Encourage company-wide attention to email subject lines. Use keywords or phrases, like "NNTR" (No Need To Reply) and "EOM" (End Of Message) in your email subject lines to indicate whether or not an action is needed, helping to reduce the volume of unnecessary emails," said Baggett.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey finds email pressure for retailers
- Report: Email, mobile key to retail success
- Expert: Data key for financial campaigns
- "Fat" ads slowing down publishers' websites
- IoT making impact on business but barriers remain
- CPG brands spending more on digital ads than traditional
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...