News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
There have been entire sections of employee manuals dedicated to email - from not giving out work email addresses to what kinds of emails to open in a work account to how employers expect email to be used for business. And yet email is still one of the areas in which company communication can break down.
From getting to many email replies that simply read 'yes' or 'no' to not getting a reply to an important email, managers and employees alike struggle. When is the right time to nudge about an email? How often should email be checked and should you ever reply with a simple 'yes' or 'no'. One expert weighs in on how businesses can use email better.
First, use an intuitive email client.
"[Businesses should] use an email client that automatically understands what your messages are about, determining the importance of content and who the sender is, and filtering out irrelevant emails that clutter your inbox," said Dave Baggett, CEO, Inky.
Second, never have emails subscriptions delivered to a busy inbox.
"[Workers should] unsubscribe from as many unnecessary subscriber lists as possible, or have them forwarded to an email subdirectory to prevent continuous distraction in the workplace. Employees will have the ability to revert back to the directory only when needed," said Baggett.
Third, pay attention to those subject lines.
"[Businesses should] Encourage company-wide attention to email subject lines. Use keywords or phrases, like "NNTR" (No Need To Reply) and "EOM" (End Of Message) in your email subject lines to indicate whether or not an action is needed, helping to reduce the volume of unnecessary emails," said Baggett.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: New tools to track, serve ads
- How to maximize your content marketing strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...