News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Transactional emails aren't new. For decades retailers have used emails to confirm purchases, offer shipment tracking and alert consumers about related products. But many retailers are still uncertain about the best way to use transactional emails to engage customers.
Email solution Campaigner is offering their top three tips to better transactional email messages.
First, personalization. Just like overt campaigns, transactional messages need to be personalized and relevant to the recipient.
Second, don't wait to email. For everything from purchase confirmations to shipment tracking, be prompt and get transactional emails out as quickly as possible.
Third, don't be pushy. Campaigner advises brands to stick to the 80/20 rule so that consumers aren't overwhelmed. Or underwhelmed.
"Transactional emails are a valuable factor in building customer relationships, but many companies aren't using them to their full advantage. Most transactional emails are sent by teams that don't understand the powerful up-selling and trust-building opportunities built in to those automated messages. You wouldn't trust someone else to handle your love life, so why risk handing over transactional emails to someone that doesn't understand marketing?" said EJ McGowan, general manager of Campaigner. "Campaigner SMTP Relay increases the value of transactional emails by easily and quickly integrating them with marketing emails."
Meanwhile, Campaigner has released an SMTP Relay tool. Through the platform email marketers can use invoices, order confirmations and even password updates to create a consistent communication system. These transactional emails help brands build trust and create loyalty because consumers are kept 'in the loop' as far as purchases, shipping and other detailed information.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...