News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Transactional emails aren't new. For decades retailers have used emails to confirm purchases, offer shipment tracking and alert consumers about related products. But many retailers are still uncertain about the best way to use transactional emails to engage customers.
Email solution Campaigner is offering their top three tips to better transactional email messages.
First, personalization. Just like overt campaigns, transactional messages need to be personalized and relevant to the recipient.
Second, don't wait to email. For everything from purchase confirmations to shipment tracking, be prompt and get transactional emails out as quickly as possible.
Third, don't be pushy. Campaigner advises brands to stick to the 80/20 rule so that consumers aren't overwhelmed. Or underwhelmed.
"Transactional emails are a valuable factor in building customer relationships, but many companies aren't using them to their full advantage. Most transactional emails are sent by teams that don't understand the powerful up-selling and trust-building opportunities built in to those automated messages. You wouldn't trust someone else to handle your love life, so why risk handing over transactional emails to someone that doesn't understand marketing?" said EJ McGowan, general manager of Campaigner. "Campaigner SMTP Relay increases the value of transactional emails by easily and quickly integrating them with marketing emails."
Meanwhile, Campaigner has released an SMTP Relay tool. Through the platform email marketers can use invoices, order confirmations and even password updates to create a consistent communication system. These transactional emails help brands build trust and create loyalty because consumers are kept 'in the loop' as far as purchases, shipping and other detailed information.
Image via Shutterstock
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...