News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Transactional emails aren't new. For decades retailers have used emails to confirm purchases, offer shipment tracking and alert consumers about related products. But many retailers are still uncertain about the best way to use transactional emails to engage customers.
Email solution Campaigner is offering their top three tips to better transactional email messages.
First, personalization. Just like overt campaigns, transactional messages need to be personalized and relevant to the recipient.
Second, don't wait to email. For everything from purchase confirmations to shipment tracking, be prompt and get transactional emails out as quickly as possible.
Third, don't be pushy. Campaigner advises brands to stick to the 80/20 rule so that consumers aren't overwhelmed. Or underwhelmed.
"Transactional emails are a valuable factor in building customer relationships, but many companies aren't using them to their full advantage. Most transactional emails are sent by teams that don't understand the powerful up-selling and trust-building opportunities built in to those automated messages. You wouldn't trust someone else to handle your love life, so why risk handing over transactional emails to someone that doesn't understand marketing?" said EJ McGowan, general manager of Campaigner. "Campaigner SMTP Relay increases the value of transactional emails by easily and quickly integrating them with marketing emails."
Meanwhile, Campaigner has released an SMTP Relay tool. Through the platform email marketers can use invoices, order confirmations and even password updates to create a consistent communication system. These transactional emails help brands build trust and create loyalty because consumers are kept 'in the loop' as far as purchases, shipping and other detailed information.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....