News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Transactional emails aren't new. For decades retailers have used emails to confirm purchases, offer shipment tracking and alert consumers about related products. But many retailers are still uncertain about the best way to use transactional emails to engage customers.
Email solution Campaigner is offering their top three tips to better transactional email messages.
First, personalization. Just like overt campaigns, transactional messages need to be personalized and relevant to the recipient.
Second, don't wait to email. For everything from purchase confirmations to shipment tracking, be prompt and get transactional emails out as quickly as possible.
Third, don't be pushy. Campaigner advises brands to stick to the 80/20 rule so that consumers aren't overwhelmed. Or underwhelmed.
"Transactional emails are a valuable factor in building customer relationships, but many companies aren't using them to their full advantage. Most transactional emails are sent by teams that don't understand the powerful up-selling and trust-building opportunities built in to those automated messages. You wouldn't trust someone else to handle your love life, so why risk handing over transactional emails to someone that doesn't understand marketing?" said EJ McGowan, general manager of Campaigner. "Campaigner SMTP Relay increases the value of transactional emails by easily and quickly integrating them with marketing emails."
Meanwhile, Campaigner has released an SMTP Relay tool. Through the platform email marketers can use invoices, order confirmations and even password updates to create a consistent communication system. These transactional emails help brands build trust and create loyalty because consumers are kept 'in the loop' as far as purchases, shipping and other detailed information.
Image via Shutterstock
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...