News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to better personalize online campaigns
The promise of Big Data was that if the marketer could gather and analyze enough information, he/she could receive major insights into how to improve your business. The problem was that once the insights were gained, marketers and retailers found implementation both time consuming and difficult. It is often a roadblock in the process, and many staff resources are required for implementation, causing many companies to constantly delay this effort. Here are our expert's top 3 tips to improve personalization:
First, identify visitors' cohorts.
"The moment a visitor enters your site a library of information follows them. Be it their geo-location, where they came to your site from and whether they're a new or returning visitor, such information is vital when building a digital profile to personalize their experience," said Liad Agmon, CEO and Co-Founder, Dynamic Yield.
Second, customize the experience.
"Visitors live a dynamic digital lifestyle and your site must be equally adaptive to meet each user's needs. The call-to-action that works for one visitor may not work for another. The content that interests one, may have little relevance to a second. By customizing the user experience, individuals are treated to a unique and tailored journey through your website. Whether it be advertisements, images, product offers or even a page's layout, all elements can be optimized in order to reach the right visitor at the right time," said Agmon.
Third, automate the process.
"What will bring personalization to scale and make it practical to execute is the automation of the process," said Agmon. "You've identified your visitor's attributes, chosen the variants of customization, but now with thousands entering your website you must have an engine that can do the work for you. Tools that allow for automatic, real-time optimization empower marketers to do their jobs better in less time."
Image via Shutterstock
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...