News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to better personalize online campaigns
The promise of Big Data was that if the marketer could gather and analyze enough information, he/she could receive major insights into how to improve your business. The problem was that once the insights were gained, marketers and retailers found implementation both time consuming and difficult. It is often a roadblock in the process, and many staff resources are required for implementation, causing many companies to constantly delay this effort. Here are our expert's top 3 tips to improve personalization:
First, identify visitors' cohorts.
"The moment a visitor enters your site a library of information follows them. Be it their geo-location, where they came to your site from and whether they're a new or returning visitor, such information is vital when building a digital profile to personalize their experience," said Liad Agmon, CEO and Co-Founder, Dynamic Yield.
Second, customize the experience.
"Visitors live a dynamic digital lifestyle and your site must be equally adaptive to meet each user's needs. The call-to-action that works for one visitor may not work for another. The content that interests one, may have little relevance to a second. By customizing the user experience, individuals are treated to a unique and tailored journey through your website. Whether it be advertisements, images, product offers or even a page's layout, all elements can be optimized in order to reach the right visitor at the right time," said Agmon.
Third, automate the process.
"What will bring personalization to scale and make it practical to execute is the automation of the process," said Agmon. "You've identified your visitor's attributes, chosen the variants of customization, but now with thousands entering your website you must have an engine that can do the work for you. Tools that allow for automatic, real-time optimization empower marketers to do their jobs better in less time."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...