News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to better personalize online campaigns
The promise of Big Data was that if the marketer could gather and analyze enough information, he/she could receive major insights into how to improve your business. The problem was that once the insights were gained, marketers and retailers found implementation both time consuming and difficult. It is often a roadblock in the process, and many staff resources are required for implementation, causing many companies to constantly delay this effort. Here are our expert's top 3 tips to improve personalization:
First, identify visitors' cohorts.
"The moment a visitor enters your site a library of information follows them. Be it their geo-location, where they came to your site from and whether they're a new or returning visitor, such information is vital when building a digital profile to personalize their experience," said Liad Agmon, CEO and Co-Founder, Dynamic Yield.
Second, customize the experience.
"Visitors live a dynamic digital lifestyle and your site must be equally adaptive to meet each user's needs. The call-to-action that works for one visitor may not work for another. The content that interests one, may have little relevance to a second. By customizing the user experience, individuals are treated to a unique and tailored journey through your website. Whether it be advertisements, images, product offers or even a page's layout, all elements can be optimized in order to reach the right visitor at the right time," said Agmon.
Third, automate the process.
"What will bring personalization to scale and make it practical to execute is the automation of the process," said Agmon. "You've identified your visitor's attributes, chosen the variants of customization, but now with thousands entering your website you must have an engine that can do the work for you. Tools that allow for automatic, real-time optimization empower marketers to do their jobs better in less time."
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....