News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 SaaS myths debunked
There are a lot of myths out there about software as a service (SaaS) options - everything from diminished security to an online experience that isn't relevant to the user. One expert offers her thoughts on these myths.
Myth 1: SaaS isn't safe for your business.
Debunking: "Perhaps the most prevalent myth about SaaS is security," said Lauri Klaus, CEO and Founder, KeyedIn. "In actuality, the data is often more secure than when maintained at the company site. SaaS vendors stake their reputation on the security of their systems and as such, have procedures and systems in place to ensure client data is held and processed securely. SaaS vendors routinely implement high levels of redundancy in their infrastructure not seen in all but the largest of organizations. Routine management tasks such as back ups, patching and vulnerability testing are often overlooked in smaller organizations with weaknesses often found too late, yet these are fundamental benefits of the SaaS proposition."
Myth 2: SaaS is only for small businesses.
Debunking: "[According to] ComputerEcomomics.com..50% of large companies have already adopted SaaS and 39% are investing in SaaS, a higher penetration rate than among small- or mid-size companies," said Klaus.
Myth 3: SaaS forces businesses to become generic.
Debunking: "In fact, quality SaaS applications are highly configurable, meaning you can adapt the software to your business rules, processes and workflows. In essence, you get a custom configured system without the expense or long development cycles associated with writing software code," said Klaus.
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....