News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 SaaS myths debunked
There are a lot of myths out there about software as a service (SaaS) options - everything from diminished security to an online experience that isn't relevant to the user. One expert offers her thoughts on these myths.
Myth 1: SaaS isn't safe for your business.
Debunking: "Perhaps the most prevalent myth about SaaS is security," said Lauri Klaus, CEO and Founder, KeyedIn. "In actuality, the data is often more secure than when maintained at the company site. SaaS vendors stake their reputation on the security of their systems and as such, have procedures and systems in place to ensure client data is held and processed securely. SaaS vendors routinely implement high levels of redundancy in their infrastructure not seen in all but the largest of organizations. Routine management tasks such as back ups, patching and vulnerability testing are often overlooked in smaller organizations with weaknesses often found too late, yet these are fundamental benefits of the SaaS proposition."
Myth 2: SaaS is only for small businesses.
Debunking: "[According to] ComputerEcomomics.com..50% of large companies have already adopted SaaS and 39% are investing in SaaS, a higher penetration rate than among small- or mid-size companies," said Klaus.
Myth 3: SaaS forces businesses to become generic.
Debunking: "In fact, quality SaaS applications are highly configurable, meaning you can adapt the software to your business rules, processes and workflows. In essence, you get a custom configured system without the expense or long development cycles associated with writing software code," said Klaus.
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...