News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 SaaS myths debunked
There are a lot of myths out there about software as a service (SaaS) options - everything from diminished security to an online experience that isn't relevant to the user. One expert offers her thoughts on these myths.
Myth 1: SaaS isn't safe for your business.
Debunking: "Perhaps the most prevalent myth about SaaS is security," said Lauri Klaus, CEO and Founder, KeyedIn. "In actuality, the data is often more secure than when maintained at the company site. SaaS vendors stake their reputation on the security of their systems and as such, have procedures and systems in place to ensure client data is held and processed securely. SaaS vendors routinely implement high levels of redundancy in their infrastructure not seen in all but the largest of organizations. Routine management tasks such as back ups, patching and vulnerability testing are often overlooked in smaller organizations with weaknesses often found too late, yet these are fundamental benefits of the SaaS proposition."
Myth 2: SaaS is only for small businesses.
Debunking: "[According to] ComputerEcomomics.com..50% of large companies have already adopted SaaS and 39% are investing in SaaS, a higher penetration rate than among small- or mid-size companies," said Klaus.
Myth 3: SaaS forces businesses to become generic.
Debunking: "In fact, quality SaaS applications are highly configurable, meaning you can adapt the software to your business rules, processes and workflows. In essence, you get a custom configured system without the expense or long development cycles associated with writing software code," said Klaus.
- SMBs: What to look for in your next device
- 3 ways analytics may be clouding your strategy
- Why brands need to know document search
- Half of cybersecurity experts say mobile payments are not secure
- Amazon the go-to place for consumers to search for products
- Which holiday season promos will motivate consumers to buy?
- Display ad revenues continue to rise despite ad blocking
- Mobile camera functionality key to capturing Millennials' loyalty
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...