News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Surveys: Moms pounding the retail pavement for back to school
Over the next few weeks moms across the US are going to make a dent in the family budget with back to school buys. According to new data out from Punchtab 'Mom Spending' will increase about 77% saying they'll spend 'at least' what they spent in 2013 on back to school items.
Most moms will be doing their back to school shopping in-store, but mobile will be a big influencer according to the report.
"Spending among Moms is on the rise this back-to-school shopping season, which makes understanding their path to purchase extremely valuable," said Robyn Hannah, VP, PR and Communications at PunchTab. "Moms are eschewing social media for purchase decisions this season, but that doesn't mean they can't be reached. As more Moms gravitate towards in-store purchases and turn to mobile devices for coupons while on the go, there's a unique opportunity for retail and CPG organizations to reach them on mobile, and even turn them into repeat buyers. The trick is to understand your consumers segments and provide the right offer, on the right channel, at the right time. Which is why we obsess about these insights at PunchTab."
Some interesting takeaways from the Punchtab report include:
• 75% of moms surveyed say they won't use social media for back to school purchase decisions
• 60% say they'll use smartphones to find coupons while BTS shopping
• 89% of moms say coupons/deals influence their purchase decisions
While in-store, by the way, moms are most likely to be using smartphones to check prices between stores or to look for products at online retailers.
Meanwhile, Offers.com data indicates about one-quarter of parents will do at least some back to school shopping online. Their primary reason for shopping online is avoiding long store lines and being assured they product they want is available.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...