News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Most will cut back on back to school
If given the opportunity most shoppers would save - even back to school shoppers. That's the takeaway from new data out from Crucial.com which indicates more than half (57%) of back to school shoppers won't buy a new computer this year. The survey also indicates more than three-quarters are focused on saving money, even on school supplies.
The Crucial.com Back to School Shopping Report finds:
• 82% of BtS shoppers are 'very concerned' with saving money
• 82% say they'll clip coupons to save
• 61% say they'll 'try to fix' slow/ailing computers this year rather than buy new
• 58% say computers should last 5 years
"The results of the survey delivered an underlying theme: most Americans seek to be as frugal as possible, but struggle to do so," said Ed Walker, Crucial E-Commerce Marketing Manager. "It's not surprising consumers are seeking to make computers and various mobile devices last as long as possible, given their expense. When back-to- school season arrives, it can make a lot of sense for families to extend the life and performance of their existing computers, rather than spend hundreds of dollars on new ones."
Meanwhile, a new report out from Dell and Harris Interactive indicates technology is playing a significant part in the communication of families. Their data shows smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices are helping parents and children stay connected. For example, their data indicates about half of parents (55%) say they 'talk to' their children less - but they are texting and emailing more. Other interesting findings include:
• More than three-quarters of parents and teens say it's easy to 'stay connected to family' because of tech devices
• 4 in 5 parents say they'll text with college-bound kids, 62% say they'll video chat
• 64% of parents and 75% of teens say they prefer 'one device to take them through daily life'
As for tech purchases more than half of college- bound students say they'll buy a laptop before leaving for school; about half say they have 'all the purchasing influence' for these buys.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to improve cash flow
- Study IDs email fatigue
- Top 3 tips to create a strong 2nd party data strategy
- Study: Dark social key to seasonal sharing
- SMB Owners: What you need to know about OT changes
- Report IDs value of Pokemon Go players
- Native ads: Position of disclosure can affect click-through rate
- The state of Internet traffic in Europe
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...