News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Everyday items top list of reward opps
If you want a more loyal customer base, add some ordinary items to reward program items. That's the takeaway from a new survey out from Points, which more more consumers are earing reward points and/or miles by purchasing 'ordinary items' - things like groceries or soaps or even jeans - than from big ticket items.
A recent Points survey sheds light on which products are helping the most consumers earn those free flights or hotel stays, and the spotlight may surprise many. According to their survey of more than 1500 American reward program members, found more than two-thirds setting rewards goals in frequent flyer programs; about half (48%) set goals for retail programs. Those redemption goals help shoppers stay motivated to use the program, say experts.
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 83% of shoppers earn points and miles on everyday purchases
• 79% agree that a store offering points/miles would make them more likely to return
• 68% say earning small amounts of points/miles is 'worth it' because those small points add up fast
• 48% would switch stores to earn points/miles
• More shoppers earn rewards on 'everyday items' than any other collecting currency
"Nearly two-thirds of respondents (60%) said they actively look for promotions that will help them earn more points/miles. And well over half (56%) said they never miss a chance to earn points and miles in their favorite loyalty programs -- even when the amounts given are small. Extrapolated to the general population, that means that as many as 100 million Americans could share this dedication to collecting small rewards points/miles," writes Tim Moulton, VP, Points business solutions and business development.
Image via Shutterstock
- 57% of consumers do not trust a business with their data
- 39% turn blind eye to branded social media posts
- Study: Tiggered emails key to reengaging cart abandoners
- Report: Mobile pushing more ecommerce
- How brands can use chat apps to engage
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...