News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Customer service/support high on brands' focus list
There is an old customer service saying that goes, 'the customer is always right'. According to new data out from SAP and The Service Council (TSC) customers' needs are more important than ever as brands are now focusing on service as a way to engage and reengage customers.
Customer service has always been an important factor for businesses, but the Internet has made customer service and support even more important because it is simpler than ever for consumers to find another plumber, retail shop or office supplier.
"Although focusing on two different challenges facing today's multi-faceted organizations, both of these reports contain the common theme of highlighting strategies that require both introspection and a realignment of time and resources in the name of organizational improvement," said Sumair Dutta, chief customer officer, TSC. "The resulting rewards -- improved customer satisfaction and profitability -- prove beneficial to stakeholders both internally and externally."
According to one new study more importance is being placed on service and support as brands look to increase their loyal shopper base.
The full SAP report can be found here. Some interesting takeaways include:
• Traditional 'field service' roles are changing to become 'solution providers'
• 84% believe faster problem identification is important to their performance
• 60% say customer service/support will lead competition within 3 years
• 75% say the importance of customer service is higher now than 3 years ago
• 71% say more importance is placed on service now than last year
Image via Shutterstock
- Big brands' ads found playing before ISIS YouTube videos
- Image-based social networks up their ad game
- Few help desk systems are cloud-based
- Survey: Phablets fastest growing mobile device
- Brands: How content should change your mobile strategy
- In-store sales down for Valentines finds report
- Top 3 tips for non-profits to succeed in digital
- Ad RoundUp: Partnerships increase ad support across channels
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...