News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Customer service/support high on brands' focus list
There is an old customer service saying that goes, 'the customer is always right'. According to new data out from SAP and The Service Council (TSC) customers' needs are more important than ever as brands are now focusing on service as a way to engage and reengage customers.
Customer service has always been an important factor for businesses, but the Internet has made customer service and support even more important because it is simpler than ever for consumers to find another plumber, retail shop or office supplier.
"Although focusing on two different challenges facing today's multi-faceted organizations, both of these reports contain the common theme of highlighting strategies that require both introspection and a realignment of time and resources in the name of organizational improvement," said Sumair Dutta, chief customer officer, TSC. "The resulting rewards -- improved customer satisfaction and profitability -- prove beneficial to stakeholders both internally and externally."
According to one new study more importance is being placed on service and support as brands look to increase their loyal shopper base.
The full SAP report can be found here. Some interesting takeaways include:
• Traditional 'field service' roles are changing to become 'solution providers'
• 84% believe faster problem identification is important to their performance
• 60% say customer service/support will lead competition within 3 years
• 75% say the importance of customer service is higher now than 3 years ago
• 71% say more importance is placed on service now than last year
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...