News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Customer service/support high on brands' focus list
There is an old customer service saying that goes, 'the customer is always right'. According to new data out from SAP and The Service Council (TSC) customers' needs are more important than ever as brands are now focusing on service as a way to engage and reengage customers.
Customer service has always been an important factor for businesses, but the Internet has made customer service and support even more important because it is simpler than ever for consumers to find another plumber, retail shop or office supplier.
"Although focusing on two different challenges facing today's multi-faceted organizations, both of these reports contain the common theme of highlighting strategies that require both introspection and a realignment of time and resources in the name of organizational improvement," said Sumair Dutta, chief customer officer, TSC. "The resulting rewards -- improved customer satisfaction and profitability -- prove beneficial to stakeholders both internally and externally."
According to one new study more importance is being placed on service and support as brands look to increase their loyal shopper base.
The full SAP report can be found here. Some interesting takeaways include:
• Traditional 'field service' roles are changing to become 'solution providers'
• 84% believe faster problem identification is important to their performance
• 60% say customer service/support will lead competition within 3 years
• 75% say the importance of customer service is higher now than 3 years ago
• 71% say more importance is placed on service now than last year
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumers have already started back-to-school shopping
- How Facebook Topic Data is impacting social
- Advertising Roundup: Analytics and mobile engagement
- How reviews from gift-givers can help brands
- iPhone replaces iPad as ecommerce device of choice
- 51% of Brits can not spot ads in search results
- Clean fraud and account takeover top UK businesses fraud concerns
- Survey: Elections worrisome for SMB owners
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...