News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Customer service/support high on brands' focus list
There is an old customer service saying that goes, 'the customer is always right'. According to new data out from SAP and The Service Council (TSC) customers' needs are more important than ever as brands are now focusing on service as a way to engage and reengage customers.
Customer service has always been an important factor for businesses, but the Internet has made customer service and support even more important because it is simpler than ever for consumers to find another plumber, retail shop or office supplier.
"Although focusing on two different challenges facing today's multi-faceted organizations, both of these reports contain the common theme of highlighting strategies that require both introspection and a realignment of time and resources in the name of organizational improvement," said Sumair Dutta, chief customer officer, TSC. "The resulting rewards -- improved customer satisfaction and profitability -- prove beneficial to stakeholders both internally and externally."
According to one new study more importance is being placed on service and support as brands look to increase their loyal shopper base.
The full SAP report can be found here. Some interesting takeaways include:
• Traditional 'field service' roles are changing to become 'solution providers'
• 84% believe faster problem identification is important to their performance
• 60% say customer service/support will lead competition within 3 years
• 75% say the importance of customer service is higher now than 3 years ago
• 71% say more importance is placed on service now than last year
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Why timing of brand connection is more important than ever
- Verizon to acquire Yahoo, what it means
- Just 6% of consumers always leave a review
- Binge-watching shedding its negative connotations
- Amazon flexing its delivery options in the UK
- Shoppers using mobile for BTS shopping
- Study: Most consumers satisfied with e-gift card buys
- Mobile's role in back to school shopping on the rise
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...