News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Customer service/support high on brands' focus list
There is an old customer service saying that goes, 'the customer is always right'. According to new data out from SAP and The Service Council (TSC) customers' needs are more important than ever as brands are now focusing on service as a way to engage and reengage customers.
Customer service has always been an important factor for businesses, but the Internet has made customer service and support even more important because it is simpler than ever for consumers to find another plumber, retail shop or office supplier.
"Although focusing on two different challenges facing today's multi-faceted organizations, both of these reports contain the common theme of highlighting strategies that require both introspection and a realignment of time and resources in the name of organizational improvement," said Sumair Dutta, chief customer officer, TSC. "The resulting rewards -- improved customer satisfaction and profitability -- prove beneficial to stakeholders both internally and externally."
According to one new study more importance is being placed on service and support as brands look to increase their loyal shopper base.
The full SAP report can be found here. Some interesting takeaways include:
• Traditional 'field service' roles are changing to become 'solution providers'
• 84% believe faster problem identification is important to their performance
• 60% say customer service/support will lead competition within 3 years
• 75% say the importance of customer service is higher now than 3 years ago
• 71% say more importance is placed on service now than last year
Image via Shutterstock
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...