News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Six ways to increase the performance of your Pinterest Pins
Taller images, calls to action and keeping brand images face-free are just some of the secrets to success on Pinterest, according to new information shared by Ripen eCommerce.
Just four years on from its initial launch Pinterest boasts 70 million users across the globe with 2.5 million page views per month. Not only is it the fastest growing social platform, but it is more successful than Facebook and Twitter at converting followers into customers.
Recent research from ShareThis concurs. While Twitter tends to be about business and sports, and Facebook about politics and parenting, Pinterest, they say, "leans heavily towards shopping".
So, how can a brand optimize its Pinterest presence and encourage Repins and engagement? A recent blog post from Ripen eCommerce shares six "Pinterest Sharing Secrets" which are:
- Call to Action: Pins with a call to action in the description leads to 80% increase in engagement;
- Include prices: Pins that include a price-tag have a 36% higher chance of being liked;
- Image size: Tall images are shared 67% more than shorter ones;
- Text length: Pins with 200-300 characters are shared 57% more than other lengths;
- Faces in Pins: Brand Pins without faces in the image receive 23% more Repins;
- Light vs. Dark: Lighter images are Repinned 20x more than darker images.
To find out more about how to make the most of Pinterest, check out Ripen eCommerce's blog post 'In your Brand's Best Pinterest' and accompanying infographics.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...