News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Six ways to increase the performance of your Pinterest Pins
Taller images, calls to action and keeping brand images face-free are just some of the secrets to success on Pinterest, according to new information shared by Ripen eCommerce.
Just four years on from its initial launch Pinterest boasts 70 million users across the globe with 2.5 million page views per month. Not only is it the fastest growing social platform, but it is more successful than Facebook and Twitter at converting followers into customers.
Recent research from ShareThis concurs. While Twitter tends to be about business and sports, and Facebook about politics and parenting, Pinterest, they say, "leans heavily towards shopping".
So, how can a brand optimize its Pinterest presence and encourage Repins and engagement? A recent blog post from Ripen eCommerce shares six "Pinterest Sharing Secrets" which are:
- Call to Action: Pins with a call to action in the description leads to 80% increase in engagement;
- Include prices: Pins that include a price-tag have a 36% higher chance of being liked;
- Image size: Tall images are shared 67% more than shorter ones;
- Text length: Pins with 200-300 characters are shared 57% more than other lengths;
- Faces in Pins: Brand Pins without faces in the image receive 23% more Repins;
- Light vs. Dark: Lighter images are Repinned 20x more than darker images.
To find out more about how to make the most of Pinterest, check out Ripen eCommerce's blog post 'In your Brand's Best Pinterest' and accompanying infographics.
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...