News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Six ways to increase the performance of your Pinterest Pins
Taller images, calls to action and keeping brand images face-free are just some of the secrets to success on Pinterest, according to new information shared by Ripen eCommerce.
Just four years on from its initial launch Pinterest boasts 70 million users across the globe with 2.5 million page views per month. Not only is it the fastest growing social platform, but it is more successful than Facebook and Twitter at converting followers into customers.
Recent research from ShareThis concurs. While Twitter tends to be about business and sports, and Facebook about politics and parenting, Pinterest, they say, "leans heavily towards shopping".
So, how can a brand optimize its Pinterest presence and encourage Repins and engagement? A recent blog post from Ripen eCommerce shares six "Pinterest Sharing Secrets" which are:
- Call to Action: Pins with a call to action in the description leads to 80% increase in engagement;
- Include prices: Pins that include a price-tag have a 36% higher chance of being liked;
- Image size: Tall images are shared 67% more than shorter ones;
- Text length: Pins with 200-300 characters are shared 57% more than other lengths;
- Faces in Pins: Brand Pins without faces in the image receive 23% more Repins;
- Light vs. Dark: Lighter images are Repinned 20x more than darker images.
To find out more about how to make the most of Pinterest, check out Ripen eCommerce's blog post 'In your Brand's Best Pinterest' and accompanying infographics.
- Forecast: App economy to surpass $100b by 2020
- Report: Retail, tech lead for mobile video
- Report: Pressure is on for security pros
- High viewability goals damaging ad campaign performance
- Retail: In-app purchases increasing as a percentage of digital sales
- Two countries, two different spending trends for Valentine's Day
- Ad Roundup: Platforms to improve data, prevent fraud
- Survey: SMBs getting out the vote
Featured White Papers
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...