News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Six ways to increase the performance of your Pinterest Pins
Taller images, calls to action and keeping brand images face-free are just some of the secrets to success on Pinterest, according to new information shared by Ripen eCommerce.
Just four years on from its initial launch Pinterest boasts 70 million users across the globe with 2.5 million page views per month. Not only is it the fastest growing social platform, but it is more successful than Facebook and Twitter at converting followers into customers.
Recent research from ShareThis concurs. While Twitter tends to be about business and sports, and Facebook about politics and parenting, Pinterest, they say, "leans heavily towards shopping".
So, how can a brand optimize its Pinterest presence and encourage Repins and engagement? A recent blog post from Ripen eCommerce shares six "Pinterest Sharing Secrets" which are:
- Call to Action: Pins with a call to action in the description leads to 80% increase in engagement;
- Include prices: Pins that include a price-tag have a 36% higher chance of being liked;
- Image size: Tall images are shared 67% more than shorter ones;
- Text length: Pins with 200-300 characters are shared 57% more than other lengths;
- Faces in Pins: Brand Pins without faces in the image receive 23% more Repins;
- Light vs. Dark: Lighter images are Repinned 20x more than darker images.
To find out more about how to make the most of Pinterest, check out Ripen eCommerce's blog post 'In your Brand's Best Pinterest' and accompanying infographics.
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...