News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Six ways to increase the performance of your Pinterest Pins
Taller images, calls to action and keeping brand images face-free are just some of the secrets to success on Pinterest, according to new information shared by Ripen eCommerce.
Just four years on from its initial launch Pinterest boasts 70 million users across the globe with 2.5 million page views per month. Not only is it the fastest growing social platform, but it is more successful than Facebook and Twitter at converting followers into customers.
Recent research from ShareThis concurs. While Twitter tends to be about business and sports, and Facebook about politics and parenting, Pinterest, they say, "leans heavily towards shopping".
So, how can a brand optimize its Pinterest presence and encourage Repins and engagement? A recent blog post from Ripen eCommerce shares six "Pinterest Sharing Secrets" which are:
- Call to Action: Pins with a call to action in the description leads to 80% increase in engagement;
- Include prices: Pins that include a price-tag have a 36% higher chance of being liked;
- Image size: Tall images are shared 67% more than shorter ones;
- Text length: Pins with 200-300 characters are shared 57% more than other lengths;
- Faces in Pins: Brand Pins without faces in the image receive 23% more Repins;
- Light vs. Dark: Lighter images are Repinned 20x more than darker images.
To find out more about how to make the most of Pinterest, check out Ripen eCommerce's blog post 'In your Brand's Best Pinterest' and accompanying infographics.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...