News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ShopVisible: Mobile traffic up but mcommerce sales remain low
During the first half of this year more than a third of all ShopVisible's ecommerce customers' traffic came via smartphones and tablets but, while they browsed, few made purchases.
ShopVisible's customers saw an 18% increase in online revenue during the first half of 2014 compared with the same period last year, with a 42% increase in the month of June alone, according to a recent announcement from the company.
Data-driven merchandising and site optimization were believed to account for the increase in revenue. Rises were also observed in total items sold (+20%) and number of items per transaction (+11%).
Overall, 38% of traffic was attributed to mobile.
However, ShopVisible's 'Influence & Impact Report' shows that, while consumers' are using mobile more to browse retail sites, they are not yet making the jump to purchasing via mobile. Average order values were also a lot lower for mobile purchases.
Across all sources, website traffic increased 9% with 67% of site visits coming from new visitors.
"As online businesses effectively attracted new customers with SEO strategy and marketing efforts, it is clear that many have also invested in user experience, as conversion rates held steady overall - two percent on average - despite growth in new customers, which typically results in lower conversion rates," said ShopVisible.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...