News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ShopVisible: Mobile traffic up but mcommerce sales remain low
During the first half of this year more than a third of all ShopVisible's ecommerce customers' traffic came via smartphones and tablets but, while they browsed, few made purchases.
ShopVisible's customers saw an 18% increase in online revenue during the first half of 2014 compared with the same period last year, with a 42% increase in the month of June alone, according to a recent announcement from the company.
Data-driven merchandising and site optimization were believed to account for the increase in revenue. Rises were also observed in total items sold (+20%) and number of items per transaction (+11%).
Overall, 38% of traffic was attributed to mobile.
However, ShopVisible's 'Influence & Impact Report' shows that, while consumers' are using mobile more to browse retail sites, they are not yet making the jump to purchasing via mobile. Average order values were also a lot lower for mobile purchases.
Across all sources, website traffic increased 9% with 67% of site visits coming from new visitors.
"As online businesses effectively attracted new customers with SEO strategy and marketing efforts, it is clear that many have also invested in user experience, as conversion rates held steady overall - two percent on average - despite growth in new customers, which typically results in lower conversion rates," said ShopVisible.
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumers increasingly comfortable with mHealth options
- Study: Personalization important for rewards
- Retailers: How to use out-of-store events to engage
- Why do online shoppers switch devices between research and purchase?
- Video ad budgets increasingly diversifying beyond pre-roll
- Reports: Mobile, deals important to shoppers
- Expert: How brands can use social data
- Study finds 2/3s purchase via mobile
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...