News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ShopVisible: Mobile traffic up but mcommerce sales remain low
During the first half of this year more than a third of all ShopVisible's ecommerce customers' traffic came via smartphones and tablets but, while they browsed, few made purchases.
ShopVisible's customers saw an 18% increase in online revenue during the first half of 2014 compared with the same period last year, with a 42% increase in the month of June alone, according to a recent announcement from the company.
Data-driven merchandising and site optimization were believed to account for the increase in revenue. Rises were also observed in total items sold (+20%) and number of items per transaction (+11%).
Overall, 38% of traffic was attributed to mobile.
However, ShopVisible's 'Influence & Impact Report' shows that, while consumers' are using mobile more to browse retail sites, they are not yet making the jump to purchasing via mobile. Average order values were also a lot lower for mobile purchases.
Across all sources, website traffic increased 9% with 67% of site visits coming from new visitors.
"As online businesses effectively attracted new customers with SEO strategy and marketing efforts, it is clear that many have also invested in user experience, as conversion rates held steady overall - two percent on average - despite growth in new customers, which typically results in lower conversion rates," said ShopVisible.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study IDs how retailers can compete with Amazon
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
- Expert: Travel brands need responsive design
- Poor advertising among travel brands hinders data collection
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
- Questionable activity on social media turns consumers away from brands
- Study: Still a disconnect between data, growth
- Expert: How SMBs can be more productive
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...