News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ShopVisible: Mobile traffic up but mcommerce sales remain low
During the first half of this year more than a third of all ShopVisible's ecommerce customers' traffic came via smartphones and tablets but, while they browsed, few made purchases.
ShopVisible's customers saw an 18% increase in online revenue during the first half of 2014 compared with the same period last year, with a 42% increase in the month of June alone, according to a recent announcement from the company.
Data-driven merchandising and site optimization were believed to account for the increase in revenue. Rises were also observed in total items sold (+20%) and number of items per transaction (+11%).
Overall, 38% of traffic was attributed to mobile.
However, ShopVisible's 'Influence & Impact Report' shows that, while consumers' are using mobile more to browse retail sites, they are not yet making the jump to purchasing via mobile. Average order values were also a lot lower for mobile purchases.
Across all sources, website traffic increased 9% with 67% of site visits coming from new visitors.
"As online businesses effectively attracted new customers with SEO strategy and marketing efforts, it is clear that many have also invested in user experience, as conversion rates held steady overall - two percent on average - despite growth in new customers, which typically results in lower conversion rates," said ShopVisible.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Biggest engagement not happening Black Friday/Cyber Monday
- Expert: How to determine what goes in a subscription box
- Expert IDs how retailers can make more this holiday
- Time spent using apps on the rise
- Christmas Day the busiest for mobile
- Delivery options determine where online shoppers will shop
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...