News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Retailers: The 3 trends that could change your year
With back to school shopping in full swing, many retailers are turning their attention to holiday promotions, sales and making sure their websites are ready for the showrooming and webrooming customers that will head their way. One expert tells us what he expects from the remainder of 2014 - and it's all about disruption.
"Uber will continue to take over the world. There are multinational taxi strikes in South America," said Alex Yoder, CEO, Ebiquity. "I have spoken to a 62 year old mother of five who is driving her Honda Civic at night in Chicago. Another driver was between semesters at Medical School. These people are employed and making money, but are not showing up on the census. This is disruption!"
Second, look for bulk ad buys from Walmart.
"Walmart will begin to buy advertising in bulk--this is disruption! The holding companies have believed they have a stranglehold on online advertising buying and are making 50% margins with no transparency to their customers," said Yoder. "A freight train from Arkansas just sideswiped them--Walmart has the collective buying power of any agency and will purchase online advertising for clients and partners and (presumably) will be more transparent about margins and they will be lower margins that what agencies are making. Is Amazon next?"
Finally, Facebook targeting.
"Facebook--Probably not a surprise to mention them, but they are beginning to effectively target advertising of consumer preferences with mobile and location devices as well as providing a function that checks-in the consumer when they walk into a store. This is unbelievably huge for the next few years--tying together online and offline activities in a seamless and user-authenticated fashion? Cool," said Yoder.
Image via Shutterstock
- Unique products, better prices motivates cross-border ecommerce
- Gen Z keen to engage with mobile video
- Expert: How to determine if a subscription service is good business
- Ad Roundup: Targeting key for video, digital products
- Top 3 tips to create speech analytics strategy
- Snapchat rumored to be rolling out behavioral targeting for advertisers
- Working 9-5 becoming a thing of the past?
- Accordant Media: 151% increase in global programmatic auction volume
Featured White Papers
- 10 Ways to Improve Your Content Marketing Today
Great content shows that you understand the customer and their problems and that you want and are able to help...
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...