News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Retailers: The 3 trends that could change your year
With back to school shopping in full swing, many retailers are turning their attention to holiday promotions, sales and making sure their websites are ready for the showrooming and webrooming customers that will head their way. One expert tells us what he expects from the remainder of 2014 - and it's all about disruption.
"Uber will continue to take over the world. There are multinational taxi strikes in South America," said Alex Yoder, CEO, Ebiquity. "I have spoken to a 62 year old mother of five who is driving her Honda Civic at night in Chicago. Another driver was between semesters at Medical School. These people are employed and making money, but are not showing up on the census. This is disruption!"
Second, look for bulk ad buys from Walmart.
"Walmart will begin to buy advertising in bulk--this is disruption! The holding companies have believed they have a stranglehold on online advertising buying and are making 50% margins with no transparency to their customers," said Yoder. "A freight train from Arkansas just sideswiped them--Walmart has the collective buying power of any agency and will purchase online advertising for clients and partners and (presumably) will be more transparent about margins and they will be lower margins that what agencies are making. Is Amazon next?"
Finally, Facebook targeting.
"Facebook--Probably not a surprise to mention them, but they are beginning to effectively target advertising of consumer preferences with mobile and location devices as well as providing a function that checks-in the consumer when they walk into a store. This is unbelievably huge for the next few years--tying together online and offline activities in a seamless and user-authenticated fashion? Cool," said Yoder.
Image via Shutterstock
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
- Ad Roundup: Analysis basis for releases, expansions
- Half of UK charities have no digital strategy
- Trends to watch for video in 2017
- 78% of over-55s uncomfortable with concept of stores run by robots
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...