News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Retailers: The 3 trends that could change your year
With back to school shopping in full swing, many retailers are turning their attention to holiday promotions, sales and making sure their websites are ready for the showrooming and webrooming customers that will head their way. One expert tells us what he expects from the remainder of 2014 - and it's all about disruption.
"Uber will continue to take over the world. There are multinational taxi strikes in South America," said Alex Yoder, CEO, Ebiquity. "I have spoken to a 62 year old mother of five who is driving her Honda Civic at night in Chicago. Another driver was between semesters at Medical School. These people are employed and making money, but are not showing up on the census. This is disruption!"
Second, look for bulk ad buys from Walmart.
"Walmart will begin to buy advertising in bulk--this is disruption! The holding companies have believed they have a stranglehold on online advertising buying and are making 50% margins with no transparency to their customers," said Yoder. "A freight train from Arkansas just sideswiped them--Walmart has the collective buying power of any agency and will purchase online advertising for clients and partners and (presumably) will be more transparent about margins and they will be lower margins that what agencies are making. Is Amazon next?"
Finally, Facebook targeting.
"Facebook--Probably not a surprise to mention them, but they are beginning to effectively target advertising of consumer preferences with mobile and location devices as well as providing a function that checks-in the consumer when they walk into a store. This is unbelievably huge for the next few years--tying together online and offline activities in a seamless and user-authenticated fashion? Cool," said Yoder.
Image via Shutterstock
- Location accuracy analysis reveals improvement for mobile ad campaigns
- Research reveals Millennials' attitudes toward brands
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
- Marketers beware - research your target market or risk stereotyping
- Google: U.S government user data requests up 250% since 2009
- Survey reveals general reluctance to pay for online content and apps
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...