News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Retailers: The 3 trends that could change your year
With back to school shopping in full swing, many retailers are turning their attention to holiday promotions, sales and making sure their websites are ready for the showrooming and webrooming customers that will head their way. One expert tells us what he expects from the remainder of 2014 - and it's all about disruption.
"Uber will continue to take over the world. There are multinational taxi strikes in South America," said Alex Yoder, CEO, Ebiquity. "I have spoken to a 62 year old mother of five who is driving her Honda Civic at night in Chicago. Another driver was between semesters at Medical School. These people are employed and making money, but are not showing up on the census. This is disruption!"
Second, look for bulk ad buys from Walmart.
"Walmart will begin to buy advertising in bulk--this is disruption! The holding companies have believed they have a stranglehold on online advertising buying and are making 50% margins with no transparency to their customers," said Yoder. "A freight train from Arkansas just sideswiped them--Walmart has the collective buying power of any agency and will purchase online advertising for clients and partners and (presumably) will be more transparent about margins and they will be lower margins that what agencies are making. Is Amazon next?"
Finally, Facebook targeting.
"Facebook--Probably not a surprise to mention them, but they are beginning to effectively target advertising of consumer preferences with mobile and location devices as well as providing a function that checks-in the consumer when they walk into a store. This is unbelievably huge for the next few years--tying together online and offline activities in a seamless and user-authenticated fashion? Cool," said Yoder.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...