News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Retailers: The 3 trends that could change your year
With back to school shopping in full swing, many retailers are turning their attention to holiday promotions, sales and making sure their websites are ready for the showrooming and webrooming customers that will head their way. One expert tells us what he expects from the remainder of 2014 - and it's all about disruption.
"Uber will continue to take over the world. There are multinational taxi strikes in South America," said Alex Yoder, CEO, Ebiquity. "I have spoken to a 62 year old mother of five who is driving her Honda Civic at night in Chicago. Another driver was between semesters at Medical School. These people are employed and making money, but are not showing up on the census. This is disruption!"
Second, look for bulk ad buys from Walmart.
"Walmart will begin to buy advertising in bulk--this is disruption! The holding companies have believed they have a stranglehold on online advertising buying and are making 50% margins with no transparency to their customers," said Yoder. "A freight train from Arkansas just sideswiped them--Walmart has the collective buying power of any agency and will purchase online advertising for clients and partners and (presumably) will be more transparent about margins and they will be lower margins that what agencies are making. Is Amazon next?"
Finally, Facebook targeting.
"Facebook--Probably not a surprise to mention them, but they are beginning to effectively target advertising of consumer preferences with mobile and location devices as well as providing a function that checks-in the consumer when they walk into a store. This is unbelievably huge for the next few years--tying together online and offline activities in a seamless and user-authenticated fashion? Cool," said Yoder.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...