News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Research reveals rise of small business mobile adoption
Constant Contact has released a new infographic comparing their latest Mobile Pulse Survey with that of 2013. It reveals a big uptick in small businesses use of mobile technology including mobile-optimized websites and mobile advertising.
Today, more than three-quarters (77%) of small businesses are using mobile, compared with 66% last year. The 23% who do not use mobile, and have no plans to, cite various reasons such as lack of customer demand (40%), lack of know-how in using them for their business needs (36%), no time to implement mobile strategies (31%), not owning a work-related mobile (21%) and that mobile is not relevant to their business (13%).
Among the growing majority that do use mobile, 60% now have a mobile-optimized website, compared to just 34% in 2013, and 32% expressed plans to optimize their website for mobile within the next six months. Just 8% said they had no plans to optimize their website for mobile, a considerable drop from 28% who said so in 2013.
While mobile advertising has seen significant adoption among small businesses in the last year - rising from 10% of businesses to 21% - other mobile activities haven't been as attractive. Location-based activity has risen just two percentage points from 17% in 2013 to today's 19%, and the use of text message marketing has dropped from 15% to 13%.
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...