News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Research reveals rise of small business mobile adoption
Constant Contact has released a new infographic comparing their latest Mobile Pulse Survey with that of 2013. It reveals a big uptick in small businesses use of mobile technology including mobile-optimized websites and mobile advertising.
Today, more than three-quarters (77%) of small businesses are using mobile, compared with 66% last year. The 23% who do not use mobile, and have no plans to, cite various reasons such as lack of customer demand (40%), lack of know-how in using them for their business needs (36%), no time to implement mobile strategies (31%), not owning a work-related mobile (21%) and that mobile is not relevant to their business (13%).
Among the growing majority that do use mobile, 60% now have a mobile-optimized website, compared to just 34% in 2013, and 32% expressed plans to optimize their website for mobile within the next six months. Just 8% said they had no plans to optimize their website for mobile, a considerable drop from 28% who said so in 2013.
While mobile advertising has seen significant adoption among small businesses in the last year - rising from 10% of businesses to 21% - other mobile activities haven't been as attractive. Location-based activity has risen just two percentage points from 17% in 2013 to today's 19%, and the use of text message marketing has dropped from 15% to 13%.
- Report: Half of online buys happen after an hour
- Expert: Why real time isn't fast enough
- What new crowdfunding rules mean for SMBs
- Study IDs how retailers can compete with Amazon
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
- Expert: Travel brands need responsive design
- Poor advertising among travel brands hinders data collection
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...