News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Research reveals rise of small business mobile adoption
Constant Contact has released a new infographic comparing their latest Mobile Pulse Survey with that of 2013. It reveals a big uptick in small businesses use of mobile technology including mobile-optimized websites and mobile advertising.
Today, more than three-quarters (77%) of small businesses are using mobile, compared with 66% last year. The 23% who do not use mobile, and have no plans to, cite various reasons such as lack of customer demand (40%), lack of know-how in using them for their business needs (36%), no time to implement mobile strategies (31%), not owning a work-related mobile (21%) and that mobile is not relevant to their business (13%).
Among the growing majority that do use mobile, 60% now have a mobile-optimized website, compared to just 34% in 2013, and 32% expressed plans to optimize their website for mobile within the next six months. Just 8% said they had no plans to optimize their website for mobile, a considerable drop from 28% who said so in 2013.
While mobile advertising has seen significant adoption among small businesses in the last year - rising from 10% of businesses to 21% - other mobile activities haven't been as attractive. Location-based activity has risen just two percentage points from 17% in 2013 to today's 19%, and the use of text message marketing has dropped from 15% to 13%.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....