News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: SMB websites falling behind
We all know how important functional, information-centric websites are for businesses. But, according to one new report, small business websites are falling behind - fast. According to the data many small businesses find their websites are too difficult to update/maintain.
According to a new report out from Otonomic small businesses are paying more attention to their Facebook pages than their official website. And the reasoning - Facebook pages are simpler to keep updates than official websites. Their researchers found, since Christmas of 2013, 31% of SMB websites had been updates while 95% of SMBs had updated their Facebook pages.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 72% of SMBs provide full contact information on Facebook pages
• 47% provide full contact information on website pages
• 93% of SMBs share product reviews/testimonials via Facebook
• 27% share via their website
• 82% of SMB Facebook posts contain images/video content
• 43% share video/images via their website
Otonomic manually compared 1,000 small business websites and Facebook pages from the US and Canada to come to their findings.
What this infographic indicates is that small business websites are failing - they are failing their business first and their customer base second. While many shoppers find product details via Facebook or Twitter or some other social network, many will also go to a local store website to find out more. They'll look not just at reviews but at product details. If these shoppers don't find the information at Local Store A but do find it at Big Box Store B, they will shop at the big box store.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...