News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: SMB websites falling behind
We all know how important functional, information-centric websites are for businesses. But, according to one new report, small business websites are falling behind - fast. According to the data many small businesses find their websites are too difficult to update/maintain.
According to a new report out from Otonomic small businesses are paying more attention to their Facebook pages than their official website. And the reasoning - Facebook pages are simpler to keep updates than official websites. Their researchers found, since Christmas of 2013, 31% of SMB websites had been updates while 95% of SMBs had updated their Facebook pages.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 72% of SMBs provide full contact information on Facebook pages
• 47% provide full contact information on website pages
• 93% of SMBs share product reviews/testimonials via Facebook
• 27% share via their website
• 82% of SMB Facebook posts contain images/video content
• 43% share video/images via their website
Otonomic manually compared 1,000 small business websites and Facebook pages from the US and Canada to come to their findings.
What this infographic indicates is that small business websites are failing - they are failing their business first and their customer base second. While many shoppers find product details via Facebook or Twitter or some other social network, many will also go to a local store website to find out more. They'll look not just at reviews but at product details. If these shoppers don't find the information at Local Store A but do find it at Big Box Store B, they will shop at the big box store.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...