News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Retailers' investment in mobile paying off
Mobile is becoming increasingly important to retailers around the globe - shoppers are using mobile devices in-store to compare prices, they are researching product availability and specs from mobile before purchasing. This has pushed more retailers into the mobile space in a big way, and new data out from the e-tailing group indicates a few are winning at mobile.
"Retailers certainly realize that mobile matters as they have invested significant time and resources to enhance their mobile shopping experiences. On the go shoppers have set a high bar and retailers are making progress towards delivering a more sophisticated shopping experience," said Lauren Freedman, President, the e-tailing group, inc.
The e-tailing group has named their top performing retail brands for the mobile space - and a few big names have made the list: home shopping giant QVC is atop the Mobile Customer Experience list along with eBags, Foot Locker, American Eagle Outfitters and The Men's Wearhouse. All 5 retailers scored over the 80 point threshold.
The e-tailing group's mobile assessment includes things like brand parity, merchandising, product/category information, search options and cross-channel integrations.
"Key pages are evolving to inspire shoppers where ease of navigation is top of mind. More robust product information delivered via creative interfaces encourages shoppers to checkout through more streamlined carts that are more often connected across channels. Despite these improvements, challenges exist at every turn and vigilance among retailers must be in play if mobile sales projection are to be reached," said Freedman.
Image via Shutterstock
- Unique products, better prices motivates cross-border ecommerce
- Gen Z keen to engage with mobile video
- Expert: How to determine if a subscription service is good business
- Top 3 tips to create speech analytics strategy
- Snapchat rumored to be rolling out behavioral targeting for advertisers
- Working 9-5 becoming a thing of the past?
- Accordant Media: 151% increase in global programmatic auction volume
- Report: Digital will be strong through holiday season
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...