News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Retailers' investment in mobile paying off
Mobile is becoming increasingly important to retailers around the globe - shoppers are using mobile devices in-store to compare prices, they are researching product availability and specs from mobile before purchasing. This has pushed more retailers into the mobile space in a big way, and new data out from the e-tailing group indicates a few are winning at mobile.
"Retailers certainly realize that mobile matters as they have invested significant time and resources to enhance their mobile shopping experiences. On the go shoppers have set a high bar and retailers are making progress towards delivering a more sophisticated shopping experience," said Lauren Freedman, President, the e-tailing group, inc.
The e-tailing group has named their top performing retail brands for the mobile space - and a few big names have made the list: home shopping giant QVC is atop the Mobile Customer Experience list along with eBags, Foot Locker, American Eagle Outfitters and The Men's Wearhouse. All 5 retailers scored over the 80 point threshold.
The e-tailing group's mobile assessment includes things like brand parity, merchandising, product/category information, search options and cross-channel integrations.
"Key pages are evolving to inspire shoppers where ease of navigation is top of mind. More robust product information delivered via creative interfaces encourages shoppers to checkout through more streamlined carts that are more often connected across channels. Despite these improvements, challenges exist at every turn and vigilance among retailers must be in play if mobile sales projection are to be reached," said Freedman.
Image via Shutterstock
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...