News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Retailers' investment in mobile paying off
Mobile is becoming increasingly important to retailers around the globe - shoppers are using mobile devices in-store to compare prices, they are researching product availability and specs from mobile before purchasing. This has pushed more retailers into the mobile space in a big way, and new data out from the e-tailing group indicates a few are winning at mobile.
"Retailers certainly realize that mobile matters as they have invested significant time and resources to enhance their mobile shopping experiences. On the go shoppers have set a high bar and retailers are making progress towards delivering a more sophisticated shopping experience," said Lauren Freedman, President, the e-tailing group, inc.
The e-tailing group has named their top performing retail brands for the mobile space - and a few big names have made the list: home shopping giant QVC is atop the Mobile Customer Experience list along with eBags, Foot Locker, American Eagle Outfitters and The Men's Wearhouse. All 5 retailers scored over the 80 point threshold.
The e-tailing group's mobile assessment includes things like brand parity, merchandising, product/category information, search options and cross-channel integrations.
"Key pages are evolving to inspire shoppers where ease of navigation is top of mind. More robust product information delivered via creative interfaces encourages shoppers to checkout through more streamlined carts that are more often connected across channels. Despite these improvements, challenges exist at every turn and vigilance among retailers must be in play if mobile sales projection are to be reached," said Freedman.
Image via Shutterstock
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...