News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Retailers' investment in mobile paying off
Mobile is becoming increasingly important to retailers around the globe - shoppers are using mobile devices in-store to compare prices, they are researching product availability and specs from mobile before purchasing. This has pushed more retailers into the mobile space in a big way, and new data out from the e-tailing group indicates a few are winning at mobile.
"Retailers certainly realize that mobile matters as they have invested significant time and resources to enhance their mobile shopping experiences. On the go shoppers have set a high bar and retailers are making progress towards delivering a more sophisticated shopping experience," said Lauren Freedman, President, the e-tailing group, inc.
The e-tailing group has named their top performing retail brands for the mobile space - and a few big names have made the list: home shopping giant QVC is atop the Mobile Customer Experience list along with eBags, Foot Locker, American Eagle Outfitters and The Men's Wearhouse. All 5 retailers scored over the 80 point threshold.
The e-tailing group's mobile assessment includes things like brand parity, merchandising, product/category information, search options and cross-channel integrations.
"Key pages are evolving to inspire shoppers where ease of navigation is top of mind. More robust product information delivered via creative interfaces encourages shoppers to checkout through more streamlined carts that are more often connected across channels. Despite these improvements, challenges exist at every turn and vigilance among retailers must be in play if mobile sales projection are to be reached," said Freedman.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....