News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Retailers' investment in mobile paying off
Mobile is becoming increasingly important to retailers around the globe - shoppers are using mobile devices in-store to compare prices, they are researching product availability and specs from mobile before purchasing. This has pushed more retailers into the mobile space in a big way, and new data out from the e-tailing group indicates a few are winning at mobile.
"Retailers certainly realize that mobile matters as they have invested significant time and resources to enhance their mobile shopping experiences. On the go shoppers have set a high bar and retailers are making progress towards delivering a more sophisticated shopping experience," said Lauren Freedman, President, the e-tailing group, inc.
The e-tailing group has named their top performing retail brands for the mobile space - and a few big names have made the list: home shopping giant QVC is atop the Mobile Customer Experience list along with eBags, Foot Locker, American Eagle Outfitters and The Men's Wearhouse. All 5 retailers scored over the 80 point threshold.
The e-tailing group's mobile assessment includes things like brand parity, merchandising, product/category information, search options and cross-channel integrations.
"Key pages are evolving to inspire shoppers where ease of navigation is top of mind. More robust product information delivered via creative interfaces encourages shoppers to checkout through more streamlined carts that are more often connected across channels. Despite these improvements, challenges exist at every turn and vigilance among retailers must be in play if mobile sales projection are to be reached," said Freedman.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...