News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: More BTS campaigns going social
One trend during this back to school (BTS) season has been the impact of social marketing. More brands are adding hashtags or encouraging the sharing of images across social media to propel their brands farther. Crowdtap is breaking down the social sharing factor.
According to new data out from Crowdtap more consumers are turning to the social space not only for product information but for product inspiration. Sites like Pinterest and Instagram are helping tweens set their fashion sense for the year while parents are turning to Facebook and Twitter for everything from peer reviews to retailer coupons and discounts.
Crowdtap's poll of nearly 1,000 American men and women found:
• 61% of people are discovering products and deals via social media
• 53% are discovering products/deals via traditional media (TV, radio, newspapers)
• 46% via mail/email
The data also shows that while consumers are happy to find those deals, the peer review still hold the most weight. As for what shoppers are sharing via social media about one-quarter share digital coupons while one-fifth are sharing sale and deal information or links to giveaways/sweepstakes. Shoppers are also sharing pictures of purchases and links to reviews or wish lists.
How important is social media to the scope of shoppers? The Crowdtap report indicates just over 63% of shoppers have purchased BTS item(s) because of a deal, image or share from social media sites. And, once in the social space, shoppers are using social media to:
• Read product reviews (46%)
• Update social media status about offers or finds (46%)
• Share pictures of purchases (43%)
• Post product/company reviews (31%)
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...