News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: More BTS campaigns going social
One trend during this back to school (BTS) season has been the impact of social marketing. More brands are adding hashtags or encouraging the sharing of images across social media to propel their brands farther. Crowdtap is breaking down the social sharing factor.
According to new data out from Crowdtap more consumers are turning to the social space not only for product information but for product inspiration. Sites like Pinterest and Instagram are helping tweens set their fashion sense for the year while parents are turning to Facebook and Twitter for everything from peer reviews to retailer coupons and discounts.
Crowdtap's poll of nearly 1,000 American men and women found:
• 61% of people are discovering products and deals via social media
• 53% are discovering products/deals via traditional media (TV, radio, newspapers)
• 46% via mail/email
The data also shows that while consumers are happy to find those deals, the peer review still hold the most weight. As for what shoppers are sharing via social media about one-quarter share digital coupons while one-fifth are sharing sale and deal information or links to giveaways/sweepstakes. Shoppers are also sharing pictures of purchases and links to reviews or wish lists.
How important is social media to the scope of shoppers? The Crowdtap report indicates just over 63% of shoppers have purchased BTS item(s) because of a deal, image or share from social media sites. And, once in the social space, shoppers are using social media to:
• Read product reviews (46%)
• Update social media status about offers or finds (46%)
• Share pictures of purchases (43%)
• Post product/company reviews (31%)
Image via Shutterstock
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...