News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: More BTS campaigns going social
One trend during this back to school (BTS) season has been the impact of social marketing. More brands are adding hashtags or encouraging the sharing of images across social media to propel their brands farther. Crowdtap is breaking down the social sharing factor.
According to new data out from Crowdtap more consumers are turning to the social space not only for product information but for product inspiration. Sites like Pinterest and Instagram are helping tweens set their fashion sense for the year while parents are turning to Facebook and Twitter for everything from peer reviews to retailer coupons and discounts.
Crowdtap's poll of nearly 1,000 American men and women found:
• 61% of people are discovering products and deals via social media
• 53% are discovering products/deals via traditional media (TV, radio, newspapers)
• 46% via mail/email
The data also shows that while consumers are happy to find those deals, the peer review still hold the most weight. As for what shoppers are sharing via social media about one-quarter share digital coupons while one-fifth are sharing sale and deal information or links to giveaways/sweepstakes. Shoppers are also sharing pictures of purchases and links to reviews or wish lists.
How important is social media to the scope of shoppers? The Crowdtap report indicates just over 63% of shoppers have purchased BTS item(s) because of a deal, image or share from social media sites. And, once in the social space, shoppers are using social media to:
• Read product reviews (46%)
• Update social media status about offers or finds (46%)
• Share pictures of purchases (43%)
• Post product/company reviews (31%)
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to make the most of Instagram ads
- Study: Publishers concerned about Google, Facebook, competition
- Most parents will shop offline for Halloween candy and costumes
- VR, mobile to boost game industry revenues past $100 billion by 2018
- Four tips to connect with festive shoppers
- Retailers can convert 'window shoppers' with real-time analytics
- Mobile use during dining experience researched
- Ad Roundup: Programmatic making strides
Featured White Papers
- What should drive email Frequency
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email activity and engagement metrics across four similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email...
- The Design Advantage
Design is more than just an artistic endeavor. It is a philosophy and culture that influences every business decision. Companies...