News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: More BTS campaigns going social
One trend during this back to school (BTS) season has been the impact of social marketing. More brands are adding hashtags or encouraging the sharing of images across social media to propel their brands farther. Crowdtap is breaking down the social sharing factor.
According to new data out from Crowdtap more consumers are turning to the social space not only for product information but for product inspiration. Sites like Pinterest and Instagram are helping tweens set their fashion sense for the year while parents are turning to Facebook and Twitter for everything from peer reviews to retailer coupons and discounts.
Crowdtap's poll of nearly 1,000 American men and women found:
• 61% of people are discovering products and deals via social media
• 53% are discovering products/deals via traditional media (TV, radio, newspapers)
• 46% via mail/email
The data also shows that while consumers are happy to find those deals, the peer review still hold the most weight. As for what shoppers are sharing via social media about one-quarter share digital coupons while one-fifth are sharing sale and deal information or links to giveaways/sweepstakes. Shoppers are also sharing pictures of purchases and links to reviews or wish lists.
How important is social media to the scope of shoppers? The Crowdtap report indicates just over 63% of shoppers have purchased BTS item(s) because of a deal, image or share from social media sites. And, once in the social space, shoppers are using social media to:
• Read product reviews (46%)
• Update social media status about offers or finds (46%)
• Share pictures of purchases (43%)
• Post product/company reviews (31%)
Image via Shutterstock
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...