News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: M:Commerce share up one-third
There is good news for both bricks-and-mortar and mobile retailers: their shares have both improved through the second quarter of 2014. According to new data out from MarketLive mobile's revenue share increased 35% while bricks-and-mortar store shares increased 59%.
The MarketLive Performance Index for Q2 of 2014 is out and among the top findings are mobile and physical store growth. According to the report the overall retail economy showed growth in traffic, revenue and conversion rates. Mobile, however, seems to be the big winner. MarketLive's report shows mobile's share of revenue increased 335% faster than it did in Q2 of 2013, a sign more people are using mobile devices to complete purchases.
Other interesting findings include:
• Smartphone and tablets now account for nearly 20% of ecommerce sales
• 39% of ecommerce traffic comes from mobile shoppers
• Site traffic increased 11%
• Add-to-cart rates increased 3.6%
• Average order size was $117.33, a 5% increase
"Our latest Performance Index results illustrate how agile and tech-savvy our merchant customers really are at innovating their e-commerce strategies, and how willing consumers are to adopt new paths to purchase from their mobile devices," said Ken Burke, founder and CEO of MarketLive. "Brick and mortar merchants should be exploring different ways to showroom and to accommodate online and offline shopping behavior, and all merchants should be preparing now for the holiday season by optimizing their websites for mobile."
The indices detail year over year growth (Q2 2013 vs. Q2 2014).
Image via Shutterstock
- Omnichannel retail strategy key to SME success
- UK: Post-Brexit sees rise in overseas online orders
- Study: Time spent with top 100 apps up 10%
- Report: Best practices for loyalty programs
- Expert: How ad blocking is affecting brands now
- Google will penalize mobile websites with pesky pop-ups
- Expert: Brands can recover from endorsement scandal
- Millennials most influenced by family online
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...