News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: M:Commerce share up one-third
There is good news for both bricks-and-mortar and mobile retailers: their shares have both improved through the second quarter of 2014. According to new data out from MarketLive mobile's revenue share increased 35% while bricks-and-mortar store shares increased 59%.
The MarketLive Performance Index for Q2 of 2014 is out and among the top findings are mobile and physical store growth. According to the report the overall retail economy showed growth in traffic, revenue and conversion rates. Mobile, however, seems to be the big winner. MarketLive's report shows mobile's share of revenue increased 335% faster than it did in Q2 of 2013, a sign more people are using mobile devices to complete purchases.
Other interesting findings include:
• Smartphone and tablets now account for nearly 20% of ecommerce sales
• 39% of ecommerce traffic comes from mobile shoppers
• Site traffic increased 11%
• Add-to-cart rates increased 3.6%
• Average order size was $117.33, a 5% increase
"Our latest Performance Index results illustrate how agile and tech-savvy our merchant customers really are at innovating their e-commerce strategies, and how willing consumers are to adopt new paths to purchase from their mobile devices," said Ken Burke, founder and CEO of MarketLive. "Brick and mortar merchants should be exploring different ways to showroom and to accommodate online and offline shopping behavior, and all merchants should be preparing now for the holiday season by optimizing their websites for mobile."
The indices detail year over year growth (Q2 2013 vs. Q2 2014).
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile video a compliment to TV
- Mobile sites leaving customers hungry
- Survey: Most create videos as keepsakes
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...