News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: M:Commerce share up one-third
There is good news for both bricks-and-mortar and mobile retailers: their shares have both improved through the second quarter of 2014. According to new data out from MarketLive mobile's revenue share increased 35% while bricks-and-mortar store shares increased 59%.
The MarketLive Performance Index for Q2 of 2014 is out and among the top findings are mobile and physical store growth. According to the report the overall retail economy showed growth in traffic, revenue and conversion rates. Mobile, however, seems to be the big winner. MarketLive's report shows mobile's share of revenue increased 335% faster than it did in Q2 of 2013, a sign more people are using mobile devices to complete purchases.
Other interesting findings include:
• Smartphone and tablets now account for nearly 20% of ecommerce sales
• 39% of ecommerce traffic comes from mobile shoppers
• Site traffic increased 11%
• Add-to-cart rates increased 3.6%
• Average order size was $117.33, a 5% increase
"Our latest Performance Index results illustrate how agile and tech-savvy our merchant customers really are at innovating their e-commerce strategies, and how willing consumers are to adopt new paths to purchase from their mobile devices," said Ken Burke, founder and CEO of MarketLive. "Brick and mortar merchants should be exploring different ways to showroom and to accommodate online and offline shopping behavior, and all merchants should be preparing now for the holiday season by optimizing their websites for mobile."
The indices detail year over year growth (Q2 2013 vs. Q2 2014).
Image via Shutterstock
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
- Study: Shoppers plan to spend more, save more this holiday
- How to respond to bad reviews
- Top tips for a better 2016 IT strategy
- Click-and-collect drives additional in-store sales
- Oxford Dictionaries announces 'word of the year' and it is not a word
- Last-minute shopping on the rise during holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...