News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: M:Commerce share up one-third
There is good news for both bricks-and-mortar and mobile retailers: their shares have both improved through the second quarter of 2014. According to new data out from MarketLive mobile's revenue share increased 35% while bricks-and-mortar store shares increased 59%.
The MarketLive Performance Index for Q2 of 2014 is out and among the top findings are mobile and physical store growth. According to the report the overall retail economy showed growth in traffic, revenue and conversion rates. Mobile, however, seems to be the big winner. MarketLive's report shows mobile's share of revenue increased 335% faster than it did in Q2 of 2013, a sign more people are using mobile devices to complete purchases.
Other interesting findings include:
• Smartphone and tablets now account for nearly 20% of ecommerce sales
• 39% of ecommerce traffic comes from mobile shoppers
• Site traffic increased 11%
• Add-to-cart rates increased 3.6%
• Average order size was $117.33, a 5% increase
"Our latest Performance Index results illustrate how agile and tech-savvy our merchant customers really are at innovating their e-commerce strategies, and how willing consumers are to adopt new paths to purchase from their mobile devices," said Ken Burke, founder and CEO of MarketLive. "Brick and mortar merchants should be exploring different ways to showroom and to accommodate online and offline shopping behavior, and all merchants should be preparing now for the holiday season by optimizing their websites for mobile."
The indices detail year over year growth (Q2 2013 vs. Q2 2014).
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....