News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Release makes push notifications actionable
Urban Airship is pushing a new kind of ad option out to brands today - through push notifications. The mobile management hub has created a cross platform support system for brands' widgets and interactive notification tools that push to users' phones or mobile devices.
"Interactive notifications take push messaging from informative and hopefully targeted alerts, to the primary way users can choose-their-own-adventure with mobile experiences that adapt to their needs," said Brent Hieggelke, CMO, Urban Airship. "These messaging-originated user interactions will soon be more important than organic use of static app content, telling businesses what customers want more or less of within their immediate context and moment of need."
Push notifications are nothing new in the mobile space. Games push notifications about leveling up or even when a user hasn't played in a while. But a new notification system from Urban Airship could give brands another way to engage - by using actionable push notifications. Through the tool brands can push their messages through mobile lock screens and in smartphones' notification centers - those messages can be linked to mobile landing pages, apps or deeper links.
The Urban Airship offering is available to iOS 8, Android 4.3 and Amazon Fire OS.
"Interactive buttons that enable users to take actions, such as viewing product categories associated with a sale, or socially sharing the sale notification itself, give users more of what they want and incentivize the behaviors we want to see," said Scott Michaels, executive vice president and partner, Atimi Software.
In addition to push notifications, the solution offers event analytics for user activities - like clicks, in-app conversions and how a user responds to the notification.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
- Survey: Retailers aren't ready for EMV deadline
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...