News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Release makes push notifications actionable
Urban Airship is pushing a new kind of ad option out to brands today - through push notifications. The mobile management hub has created a cross platform support system for brands' widgets and interactive notification tools that push to users' phones or mobile devices.
"Interactive notifications take push messaging from informative and hopefully targeted alerts, to the primary way users can choose-their-own-adventure with mobile experiences that adapt to their needs," said Brent Hieggelke, CMO, Urban Airship. "These messaging-originated user interactions will soon be more important than organic use of static app content, telling businesses what customers want more or less of within their immediate context and moment of need."
Push notifications are nothing new in the mobile space. Games push notifications about leveling up or even when a user hasn't played in a while. But a new notification system from Urban Airship could give brands another way to engage - by using actionable push notifications. Through the tool brands can push their messages through mobile lock screens and in smartphones' notification centers - those messages can be linked to mobile landing pages, apps or deeper links.
The Urban Airship offering is available to iOS 8, Android 4.3 and Amazon Fire OS.
"Interactive buttons that enable users to take actions, such as viewing product categories associated with a sale, or socially sharing the sale notification itself, give users more of what they want and incentivize the behaviors we want to see," said Scott Michaels, executive vice president and partner, Atimi Software.
In addition to push notifications, the solution offers event analytics for user activities - like clicks, in-app conversions and how a user responds to the notification.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
- Top 3 tips to strengthen travel-based ad strategy
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...