News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Release makes push notifications actionable
Urban Airship is pushing a new kind of ad option out to brands today - through push notifications. The mobile management hub has created a cross platform support system for brands' widgets and interactive notification tools that push to users' phones or mobile devices.
"Interactive notifications take push messaging from informative and hopefully targeted alerts, to the primary way users can choose-their-own-adventure with mobile experiences that adapt to their needs," said Brent Hieggelke, CMO, Urban Airship. "These messaging-originated user interactions will soon be more important than organic use of static app content, telling businesses what customers want more or less of within their immediate context and moment of need."
Push notifications are nothing new in the mobile space. Games push notifications about leveling up or even when a user hasn't played in a while. But a new notification system from Urban Airship could give brands another way to engage - by using actionable push notifications. Through the tool brands can push their messages through mobile lock screens and in smartphones' notification centers - those messages can be linked to mobile landing pages, apps or deeper links.
The Urban Airship offering is available to iOS 8, Android 4.3 and Amazon Fire OS.
"Interactive buttons that enable users to take actions, such as viewing product categories associated with a sale, or socially sharing the sale notification itself, give users more of what they want and incentivize the behaviors we want to see," said Scott Michaels, executive vice president and partner, Atimi Software.
In addition to push notifications, the solution offers event analytics for user activities - like clicks, in-app conversions and how a user responds to the notification.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....