News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Release makes push notifications actionable
Urban Airship is pushing a new kind of ad option out to brands today - through push notifications. The mobile management hub has created a cross platform support system for brands' widgets and interactive notification tools that push to users' phones or mobile devices.
"Interactive notifications take push messaging from informative and hopefully targeted alerts, to the primary way users can choose-their-own-adventure with mobile experiences that adapt to their needs," said Brent Hieggelke, CMO, Urban Airship. "These messaging-originated user interactions will soon be more important than organic use of static app content, telling businesses what customers want more or less of within their immediate context and moment of need."
Push notifications are nothing new in the mobile space. Games push notifications about leveling up or even when a user hasn't played in a while. But a new notification system from Urban Airship could give brands another way to engage - by using actionable push notifications. Through the tool brands can push their messages through mobile lock screens and in smartphones' notification centers - those messages can be linked to mobile landing pages, apps or deeper links.
The Urban Airship offering is available to iOS 8, Android 4.3 and Amazon Fire OS.
"Interactive buttons that enable users to take actions, such as viewing product categories associated with a sale, or socially sharing the sale notification itself, give users more of what they want and incentivize the behaviors we want to see," said Scott Michaels, executive vice president and partner, Atimi Software.
In addition to push notifications, the solution offers event analytics for user activities - like clicks, in-app conversions and how a user responds to the notification.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...