News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of SMBs have no presence in local search results
Are small businesses doing enough to ensure success in an increasingly digital and social environment? Not really, according to new figures released this week by Marketecture.
In their recent infographic, Marketecture illustrates just how well small businesses are performing in today's online and social environment.
The good news is that small businesses see the value in social media - 86% consider Facebook valuable, 71% YouTube and 60% Twitter. Recent research by G/O Digital found that Facebook is the go-to social channel for consumers looking for small local businesses. Eighty percent of those surveyed by G/O Digital said they'd be more likely to make a purchase after seeing positive user comments on a company's Facebook Page and 41% rated seeing customer reviews and ratings as the most important aspect of a small business' Page.
However, that's about it in terms of good news. According to Marketecture's infographic, while 88% of consumers that search for small local businesses on mobile go on to call or visit that business, 25% of those businesses have no presence in Google or Bing local searches.
Furthermore, 60% of small businesses don't have a telephone number on their website. If, indeed, they even have a website. In 2013, a whopping 63% of small businesses relied on traditional methods of advertising and didn't have a website. Where have they been for the last decade?
- Ad Roundup: New tools to track, serve ads
- How to maximize your content marketing strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...