News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of SMBs have no presence in local search results
Are small businesses doing enough to ensure success in an increasingly digital and social environment? Not really, according to new figures released this week by Marketecture.
In their recent infographic, Marketecture illustrates just how well small businesses are performing in today's online and social environment.
The good news is that small businesses see the value in social media - 86% consider Facebook valuable, 71% YouTube and 60% Twitter. Recent research by G/O Digital found that Facebook is the go-to social channel for consumers looking for small local businesses. Eighty percent of those surveyed by G/O Digital said they'd be more likely to make a purchase after seeing positive user comments on a company's Facebook Page and 41% rated seeing customer reviews and ratings as the most important aspect of a small business' Page.
However, that's about it in terms of good news. According to Marketecture's infographic, while 88% of consumers that search for small local businesses on mobile go on to call or visit that business, 25% of those businesses have no presence in Google or Bing local searches.
Furthermore, 60% of small businesses don't have a telephone number on their website. If, indeed, they even have a website. In 2013, a whopping 63% of small businesses relied on traditional methods of advertising and didn't have a website. Where have they been for the last decade?
- Big brands' ads found playing before ISIS YouTube videos
- Image-based social networks up their ad game
- Few help desk systems are cloud-based
- Survey: Phablets fastest growing mobile device
- Brands: How content should change your mobile strategy
- In-store sales down for Valentines finds report
- Top 3 tips for non-profits to succeed in digital
- Ad RoundUp: Partnerships increase ad support across channels
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...