News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of SMBs have no presence in local search results
Are small businesses doing enough to ensure success in an increasingly digital and social environment? Not really, according to new figures released this week by Marketecture.
In their recent infographic, Marketecture illustrates just how well small businesses are performing in today's online and social environment.
The good news is that small businesses see the value in social media - 86% consider Facebook valuable, 71% YouTube and 60% Twitter. Recent research by G/O Digital found that Facebook is the go-to social channel for consumers looking for small local businesses. Eighty percent of those surveyed by G/O Digital said they'd be more likely to make a purchase after seeing positive user comments on a company's Facebook Page and 41% rated seeing customer reviews and ratings as the most important aspect of a small business' Page.
However, that's about it in terms of good news. According to Marketecture's infographic, while 88% of consumers that search for small local businesses on mobile go on to call or visit that business, 25% of those businesses have no presence in Google or Bing local searches.
Furthermore, 60% of small businesses don't have a telephone number on their website. If, indeed, they even have a website. In 2013, a whopping 63% of small businesses relied on traditional methods of advertising and didn't have a website. Where have they been for the last decade?
- H1 2016's most-used and most-downloaded apps
- Gen Z's in-store expectations - the next challenge for retailers
- Brands: Why revenue based loyalty programs are a better draw
- Retail Roundup: Coupons key for all shoppers
- Study: In-game ads pushing engagement
- Expert: Why branded content appeals to consumers
- Reports: M:Comm up, privacy concerns abound
- Expert: What Pokemon Go phenomena means for businesses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...