News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of SMBs have no presence in local search results
Are small businesses doing enough to ensure success in an increasingly digital and social environment? Not really, according to new figures released this week by Marketecture.
In their recent infographic, Marketecture illustrates just how well small businesses are performing in today's online and social environment.
The good news is that small businesses see the value in social media - 86% consider Facebook valuable, 71% YouTube and 60% Twitter. Recent research by G/O Digital found that Facebook is the go-to social channel for consumers looking for small local businesses. Eighty percent of those surveyed by G/O Digital said they'd be more likely to make a purchase after seeing positive user comments on a company's Facebook Page and 41% rated seeing customer reviews and ratings as the most important aspect of a small business' Page.
However, that's about it in terms of good news. According to Marketecture's infographic, while 88% of consumers that search for small local businesses on mobile go on to call or visit that business, 25% of those businesses have no presence in Google or Bing local searches.
Furthermore, 60% of small businesses don't have a telephone number on their website. If, indeed, they even have a website. In 2013, a whopping 63% of small businesses relied on traditional methods of advertising and didn't have a website. Where have they been for the last decade?
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...