News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Poll: SMB owners voting out incumbents
If small business owners have their way the US Congress will look different after the November mid-term elections. That, because many say they'll vote out incumbents and look for new blood in Washington.
According to new poll data out from Manta small business owners want change in Washington DC, and they are will to use their voting power to get it. Manta recently polled more than 1500 SMB owners and learned more than 80% of those who plan to vote are planning to vote for a challenger.
"The economy is still top of mind for the small business community, with one-third reporting it as the biggest challenge currently facing the United States," said Manta CEO John Swanciger. "Taxes and healthcare have fallen down on the list of concerns, while illegal immigration and income inequality are rising on the list of top challenges. With the vast majority of SBOs planning to vote in the midterm elections, it's important for politicians to hear their voice and focus on issues relevant to this community."
"I don't feel either political party has proven to be overwhelmingly supportive of small business. In my opinion, an ideal candidate would be someone who's less driven by social issues and rhetoric and more concerned with providing real, pragmatic solutions that address the needs of new businesses in dynamic markets. It's been refreshing for me to have a supportive community like Manta - one that puts small businesses first and provides solutions to help grow business," said Zach Haller, millennial entrepreneur and found of FoundInTown.
Some other interesting findings from the poll include:
• 32% of SMB owners polled believe Republicans are the biggest small business supporters
• 56% say they believe with 'some if not all' Tea Party beliefs
• Millennials are most skeptical of all parties
• 40% say they'll vote for candidates in favor of increasing the minimum wage
• Mitt Romney, Rand Paul and Hillary Clinton rank at the top of SMB owners' presidential candidates
Image via Shutterstock
- Marketers beware - research your target market or risk stereotyping
- Google: U.S government user data requests up 250% since 2009
- Survey reveals general reluctance to pay for online content and apps
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
- Survey: Consumers want to share product details with friends
- PageFair: Adblocking Goes Mainstream
- Study: SMB's pushing the social media spend
- Report: BOPIS hot for the holidays
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...