News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Poll: SMB owners voting out incumbents
If small business owners have their way the US Congress will look different after the November mid-term elections. That, because many say they'll vote out incumbents and look for new blood in Washington.
According to new poll data out from Manta small business owners want change in Washington DC, and they are will to use their voting power to get it. Manta recently polled more than 1500 SMB owners and learned more than 80% of those who plan to vote are planning to vote for a challenger.
"The economy is still top of mind for the small business community, with one-third reporting it as the biggest challenge currently facing the United States," said Manta CEO John Swanciger. "Taxes and healthcare have fallen down on the list of concerns, while illegal immigration and income inequality are rising on the list of top challenges. With the vast majority of SBOs planning to vote in the midterm elections, it's important for politicians to hear their voice and focus on issues relevant to this community."
"I don't feel either political party has proven to be overwhelmingly supportive of small business. In my opinion, an ideal candidate would be someone who's less driven by social issues and rhetoric and more concerned with providing real, pragmatic solutions that address the needs of new businesses in dynamic markets. It's been refreshing for me to have a supportive community like Manta - one that puts small businesses first and provides solutions to help grow business," said Zach Haller, millennial entrepreneur and found of FoundInTown.
Some other interesting findings from the poll include:
• 32% of SMB owners polled believe Republicans are the biggest small business supporters
• 56% say they believe with 'some if not all' Tea Party beliefs
• Millennials are most skeptical of all parties
• 40% say they'll vote for candidates in favor of increasing the minimum wage
• Mitt Romney, Rand Paul and Hillary Clinton rank at the top of SMB owners' presidential candidates
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
- Expert: User engagement trumps viewability
- Combining contextual marketing and demographics gives 3D-view of consumer
- Research warns marketers to consider social media followers' diverse network
- Ad Roundup: Tools for content, collaboration
- Leisure travel most popular discretionary spending category in UK
- Ad Roundup: Data, ecommerce tools
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...