News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Poll: SMB owners voting out incumbents
If small business owners have their way the US Congress will look different after the November mid-term elections. That, because many say they'll vote out incumbents and look for new blood in Washington.
According to new poll data out from Manta small business owners want change in Washington DC, and they are will to use their voting power to get it. Manta recently polled more than 1500 SMB owners and learned more than 80% of those who plan to vote are planning to vote for a challenger.
"The economy is still top of mind for the small business community, with one-third reporting it as the biggest challenge currently facing the United States," said Manta CEO John Swanciger. "Taxes and healthcare have fallen down on the list of concerns, while illegal immigration and income inequality are rising on the list of top challenges. With the vast majority of SBOs planning to vote in the midterm elections, it's important for politicians to hear their voice and focus on issues relevant to this community."
"I don't feel either political party has proven to be overwhelmingly supportive of small business. In my opinion, an ideal candidate would be someone who's less driven by social issues and rhetoric and more concerned with providing real, pragmatic solutions that address the needs of new businesses in dynamic markets. It's been refreshing for me to have a supportive community like Manta - one that puts small businesses first and provides solutions to help grow business," said Zach Haller, millennial entrepreneur and found of FoundInTown.
Some other interesting findings from the poll include:
• 32% of SMB owners polled believe Republicans are the biggest small business supporters
• 56% say they believe with 'some if not all' Tea Party beliefs
• Millennials are most skeptical of all parties
• 40% say they'll vote for candidates in favor of increasing the minimum wage
• Mitt Romney, Rand Paul and Hillary Clinton rank at the top of SMB owners' presidential candidates
Image via Shutterstock
- Netflix dominates U.S. peak Internet traffic
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Do you know why online shoppers abandon carts?
- Travel study reveals extent of travelers' frustration with poorly performing apps, websites
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...