News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Platform extends audience targeting to friends
An extension to the Pursway platform should give marketers the ability to extend their reach across the online space. Pursway's platform helps brands bring targeting to scale by allowing them to target consumers who 'look like' their base of customers.
The new addition, Pursway Connect, extends brands' reach into their target consumer base by harnessing consumers' friends. Using the platform retailers, for example, could open the targeting of their ads to include friends of high value existing customers, previous purchases or other audience segments of their choosing.
"We know marketers are under a ton of pressure to increase response rates and help drive sales, but they are already bogged down in too much data and a mess of disparate, complex analytics," noted David Ellenberger, CEO of Pursway. "Pursway Connect gives marketers what they are really after - highly relevant prospects. The ability to extend their audience and target prospects that are friends of current customers should not be limited to the likes of Facebook. We are offering an alternative for brands that understand the power of a social graph but do not appreciate inaccurate tools based solely on social media and not real life."
Pursway uses mapping to compile their database of more than 150 million North American consumers; their platform analyzes billions of pieces of open source data to connect audience segments.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....