News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest gives businesses a deeper peek into their Pinners
Registered business users of image-sharing social network Pinterest now have access to analytics allowing them to discover more about the people who engage with them.
According to Pinterest product manager, Jason Costa, businesses often amend their product and marketing strategies based on insights gleaned from Pinterest. Indeed, in his recent blog post, Costa encourages brands and businesses to "explore new metrics about the people who engage with your business and what else they're into" and "see your audience's most common interests and what other businesses they follow, then tailor what Pins you add based on that".
Up until the recent changes, Pinterest offered basic analytics devoid of mobile traffic or demographic data, opting for third-party involvement to provide more detailed information. Now, Pinterest's very own in-house tool will allow businesses and brands to see which of their Pins generate the most impressions, clicks, Repins and social buzz.
In addition, more demographic information will be available.
"We've gotten lots of great feedback about our analytics tool, and we hope this new version helps you improve how you do business," writes Costa, "whether it's updating your product offerings after seeing what's popular on Pinterest, or changing how you pin based on what's trending with Pinners."
If you want to get more out of Pinterest, check out Ripen eCommerce's six Pinterest sharing secrets. For example, did you know that tall images are shared 67% more than shorter ones, or that Pins with a price tag have a 36% higher chance of being Liked?
Image via Shutterstock
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...