News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest gives businesses a deeper peek into their Pinners
Registered business users of image-sharing social network Pinterest now have access to analytics allowing them to discover more about the people who engage with them.
According to Pinterest product manager, Jason Costa, businesses often amend their product and marketing strategies based on insights gleaned from Pinterest. Indeed, in his recent blog post, Costa encourages brands and businesses to "explore new metrics about the people who engage with your business and what else they're into" and "see your audience's most common interests and what other businesses they follow, then tailor what Pins you add based on that".
Up until the recent changes, Pinterest offered basic analytics devoid of mobile traffic or demographic data, opting for third-party involvement to provide more detailed information. Now, Pinterest's very own in-house tool will allow businesses and brands to see which of their Pins generate the most impressions, clicks, Repins and social buzz.
In addition, more demographic information will be available.
"We've gotten lots of great feedback about our analytics tool, and we hope this new version helps you improve how you do business," writes Costa, "whether it's updating your product offerings after seeing what's popular on Pinterest, or changing how you pin based on what's trending with Pinners."
If you want to get more out of Pinterest, check out Ripen eCommerce's six Pinterest sharing secrets. For example, did you know that tall images are shared 67% more than shorter ones, or that Pins with a price tag have a 36% higher chance of being Liked?
Image via Shutterstock
- Videos best for Facebook reach, but don't ditch the photos
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...