News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest gives businesses a deeper peek into their Pinners
Registered business users of image-sharing social network Pinterest now have access to analytics allowing them to discover more about the people who engage with them.
According to Pinterest product manager, Jason Costa, businesses often amend their product and marketing strategies based on insights gleaned from Pinterest. Indeed, in his recent blog post, Costa encourages brands and businesses to "explore new metrics about the people who engage with your business and what else they're into" and "see your audience's most common interests and what other businesses they follow, then tailor what Pins you add based on that".
Up until the recent changes, Pinterest offered basic analytics devoid of mobile traffic or demographic data, opting for third-party involvement to provide more detailed information. Now, Pinterest's very own in-house tool will allow businesses and brands to see which of their Pins generate the most impressions, clicks, Repins and social buzz.
In addition, more demographic information will be available.
"We've gotten lots of great feedback about our analytics tool, and we hope this new version helps you improve how you do business," writes Costa, "whether it's updating your product offerings after seeing what's popular on Pinterest, or changing how you pin based on what's trending with Pinners."
If you want to get more out of Pinterest, check out Ripen eCommerce's six Pinterest sharing secrets. For example, did you know that tall images are shared 67% more than shorter ones, or that Pins with a price tag have a 36% higher chance of being Liked?
Image via Shutterstock
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...