News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest gives businesses a deeper peek into their Pinners
Registered business users of image-sharing social network Pinterest now have access to analytics allowing them to discover more about the people who engage with them.
According to Pinterest product manager, Jason Costa, businesses often amend their product and marketing strategies based on insights gleaned from Pinterest. Indeed, in his recent blog post, Costa encourages brands and businesses to "explore new metrics about the people who engage with your business and what else they're into" and "see your audience's most common interests and what other businesses they follow, then tailor what Pins you add based on that".
Up until the recent changes, Pinterest offered basic analytics devoid of mobile traffic or demographic data, opting for third-party involvement to provide more detailed information. Now, Pinterest's very own in-house tool will allow businesses and brands to see which of their Pins generate the most impressions, clicks, Repins and social buzz.
In addition, more demographic information will be available.
"We've gotten lots of great feedback about our analytics tool, and we hope this new version helps you improve how you do business," writes Costa, "whether it's updating your product offerings after seeing what's popular on Pinterest, or changing how you pin based on what's trending with Pinners."
If you want to get more out of Pinterest, check out Ripen eCommerce's six Pinterest sharing secrets. For example, did you know that tall images are shared 67% more than shorter ones, or that Pins with a price tag have a 36% higher chance of being Liked?
Image via Shutterstock
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....