News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest gives businesses a deeper peek into their Pinners
Registered business users of image-sharing social network Pinterest now have access to analytics allowing them to discover more about the people who engage with them.
According to Pinterest product manager, Jason Costa, businesses often amend their product and marketing strategies based on insights gleaned from Pinterest. Indeed, in his recent blog post, Costa encourages brands and businesses to "explore new metrics about the people who engage with your business and what else they're into" and "see your audience's most common interests and what other businesses they follow, then tailor what Pins you add based on that".
Up until the recent changes, Pinterest offered basic analytics devoid of mobile traffic or demographic data, opting for third-party involvement to provide more detailed information. Now, Pinterest's very own in-house tool will allow businesses and brands to see which of their Pins generate the most impressions, clicks, Repins and social buzz.
In addition, more demographic information will be available.
"We've gotten lots of great feedback about our analytics tool, and we hope this new version helps you improve how you do business," writes Costa, "whether it's updating your product offerings after seeing what's popular on Pinterest, or changing how you pin based on what's trending with Pinners."
If you want to get more out of Pinterest, check out Ripen eCommerce's six Pinterest sharing secrets. For example, did you know that tall images are shared 67% more than shorter ones, or that Pins with a price tag have a 36% higher chance of being Liked?
Image via Shutterstock
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...