News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Paper coupons still popular with consumers
Despite significant uptake by consumers of digital coupons, recent research suggests they have a long way to go before they eclipse paper coupon use.
In Ask Your Target Market's latest survey, a third of respondents (33%) said they often use coupons when making a purchase while just under half (48%) said they sometimes use coupons.
However, it was paper coupons that were the most popular. More than 8 in 10 respondents used paper coupons compared with 48% who have used online coupon codes.
Even less, just 18%, said they have used mobile coupons and 4% have used coupons associated with a loyalty program or card.
As more and more consumers seek out ways to save money online, digital and mobile coupon use continues to rise. According to a survey by Valassis for their Shopper Marketing Report earlier this year, 85% of shoppers who use coupons search online.
However, Valassis' research also found that traditional media still has the edge with more than half (52%) of consumers still preferring newspapers as a resource for finding coupons and 51% prefer direct mail.
Moms, in particular, are highly motivated by coupons. Research by WomensForum found that 89% are 'regularly influenced' by them and are finding them both on- and offline. However, print once again wins out in terms of usage with 65% of moms finding coupons in newspaper circulars.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...