News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Paper coupons still popular with consumers
Despite significant uptake by consumers of digital coupons, recent research suggests they have a long way to go before they eclipse paper coupon use.
In Ask Your Target Market's latest survey, a third of respondents (33%) said they often use coupons when making a purchase while just under half (48%) said they sometimes use coupons.
However, it was paper coupons that were the most popular. More than 8 in 10 respondents used paper coupons compared with 48% who have used online coupon codes.
Even less, just 18%, said they have used mobile coupons and 4% have used coupons associated with a loyalty program or card.
As more and more consumers seek out ways to save money online, digital and mobile coupon use continues to rise. According to a survey by Valassis for their Shopper Marketing Report earlier this year, 85% of shoppers who use coupons search online.
However, Valassis' research also found that traditional media still has the edge with more than half (52%) of consumers still preferring newspapers as a resource for finding coupons and 51% prefer direct mail.
Moms, in particular, are highly motivated by coupons. Research by WomensForum found that 89% are 'regularly influenced' by them and are finding them both on- and offline. However, print once again wins out in terms of usage with 65% of moms finding coupons in newspaper circulars.
Image via Shutterstock
- Google adds business foot-traffic data to search
- 15% of Americans do not use the Internet
- By 2020, wearables will account for one-fifth of mobile transactions
- Brands: How to use programmatic TV buys to your advantage
- Top 3 tips that will help you use location more accurately
- Expert: How brands can ensure both worker mobility and business security
- Number of Mobile Addicts up 59% YoY
- Massive mobile ad fraud uncovered
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...