News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Paper coupons still popular with consumers
Despite significant uptake by consumers of digital coupons, recent research suggests they have a long way to go before they eclipse paper coupon use.
In Ask Your Target Market's latest survey, a third of respondents (33%) said they often use coupons when making a purchase while just under half (48%) said they sometimes use coupons.
However, it was paper coupons that were the most popular. More than 8 in 10 respondents used paper coupons compared with 48% who have used online coupon codes.
Even less, just 18%, said they have used mobile coupons and 4% have used coupons associated with a loyalty program or card.
As more and more consumers seek out ways to save money online, digital and mobile coupon use continues to rise. According to a survey by Valassis for their Shopper Marketing Report earlier this year, 85% of shoppers who use coupons search online.
However, Valassis' research also found that traditional media still has the edge with more than half (52%) of consumers still preferring newspapers as a resource for finding coupons and 51% prefer direct mail.
Moms, in particular, are highly motivated by coupons. Research by WomensForum found that 89% are 'regularly influenced' by them and are finding them both on- and offline. However, print once again wins out in terms of usage with 65% of moms finding coupons in newspaper circulars.
Image via Shutterstock
- SMBs: What to look for in your next device
- 3 ways analytics may be clouding your strategy
- Why brands need to know document search
- Half of cybersecurity experts say mobile payments are not secure
- Amazon the go-to place for consumers to search for products
- Which holiday season promos will motivate consumers to buy?
- Display ad revenues continue to rise despite ad blocking
- Mobile camera functionality key to capturing Millennials' loyalty
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...