News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marin integrates Salesforce for enhanced data
This week Marin Software is giving their customers a better look at data. Through an integration with Salesforce, Marin's customers will be able to optimize search, social and display campaigns with CRM data.
The addition of Salesforce data into Marin's platform should give advertisers and brands a more holistic look at how ad campaigns and even social marketing initiatives impact their bottom line.
"Most advertisers with long sales cycles optimize advertising campaigns based on the leads they drive and have no insight into whether an advertisement results in a final sale down the line," said Matt Ackley, CMO of Marin Software. "With Marin's integration to Salesforce data, advertisers can optimize campaigns in real-time based on the metrics that really matter -- downstream revenue, conversion, and lifetime value."
The integration will offer automated bid optimizations using lead, opportunity and revenue data from Salesforce; clients will also receive lifetime value forecasting. This kind of data should help brands determine the long term value of a campaign and then make adjustments when needed. Perhaps the most interesting opportunity for advertisers, though, is a real time attribution option.
Using Salesforce data, customers will be able to use real time attribution to sync data between Salesforce and Marin; this should help with conversion tracking and downstream revenue capture, so that marketers know which channels - social, display, search, etc. - are engaging the most consumers.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...