News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marin integrates Salesforce for enhanced data
This week Marin Software is giving their customers a better look at data. Through an integration with Salesforce, Marin's customers will be able to optimize search, social and display campaigns with CRM data.
The addition of Salesforce data into Marin's platform should give advertisers and brands a more holistic look at how ad campaigns and even social marketing initiatives impact their bottom line.
"Most advertisers with long sales cycles optimize advertising campaigns based on the leads they drive and have no insight into whether an advertisement results in a final sale down the line," said Matt Ackley, CMO of Marin Software. "With Marin's integration to Salesforce data, advertisers can optimize campaigns in real-time based on the metrics that really matter -- downstream revenue, conversion, and lifetime value."
The integration will offer automated bid optimizations using lead, opportunity and revenue data from Salesforce; clients will also receive lifetime value forecasting. This kind of data should help brands determine the long term value of a campaign and then make adjustments when needed. Perhaps the most interesting opportunity for advertisers, though, is a real time attribution option.
Using Salesforce data, customers will be able to use real time attribution to sync data between Salesforce and Marin; this should help with conversion tracking and downstream revenue capture, so that marketers know which channels - social, display, search, etc. - are engaging the most consumers.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
- UK brands fail to improve customer service response rates
- 53% of marketers crave more customer data
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...