News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Just 7% of organizations able to deliver effective cross-channel marketing
A new study reveals that the vast majority digital marketing professionals feel their organization is not able to deliver effective cross-channel marketing.
In their third annual Cross-Channel Marketing Report, carried out in association with Oracle Marketing Cloud, Econsultancy reveal the dire situation among digital and ecommerce marketing professionals.
Their study, among 1,000 such professionals, found that just 7% feel their organization is set up to deliver effective cross-channel marketing. That's despite two-thirds of respondents being in agreement that integrating key marketing activities across channels should be a priority. Less than half of marketers (49%) said their company is set up to enable cross-channel integration, even to a "certain extent".
However, just two in five ''understand customer journeys and adapt the channel mix accordingly". To this end, 60% of respondents said that their current marketing strategies such as messaging, execution and delivery, were fragmented across touch points
A lack of resources was found to be the biggest barrier to effectively orchestrated cross-channel marketing activities (22%).
"Time has become a precious commodity for marketers as they spread themselves even more thinly across multiple channels and platforms," says the report. "With increased emphasis on the importance of agile marketing, the key question on every marketer's lips is: are we spending too much time and energy on deploying and managing campaigns instead of focusing our efforts on experimenting, testing and optimization?"
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...