News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Just 7% of organizations able to deliver effective cross-channel marketing
A new study reveals that the vast majority digital marketing professionals feel their organization is not able to deliver effective cross-channel marketing.
In their third annual Cross-Channel Marketing Report, carried out in association with Oracle Marketing Cloud, Econsultancy reveal the dire situation among digital and ecommerce marketing professionals.
Their study, among 1,000 such professionals, found that just 7% feel their organization is set up to deliver effective cross-channel marketing. That's despite two-thirds of respondents being in agreement that integrating key marketing activities across channels should be a priority. Less than half of marketers (49%) said their company is set up to enable cross-channel integration, even to a "certain extent".
However, just two in five ''understand customer journeys and adapt the channel mix accordingly". To this end, 60% of respondents said that their current marketing strategies such as messaging, execution and delivery, were fragmented across touch points
A lack of resources was found to be the biggest barrier to effectively orchestrated cross-channel marketing activities (22%).
"Time has become a precious commodity for marketers as they spread themselves even more thinly across multiple channels and platforms," says the report. "With increased emphasis on the importance of agile marketing, the key question on every marketer's lips is: are we spending too much time and energy on deploying and managing campaigns instead of focusing our efforts on experimenting, testing and optimization?"
- Forecast: App economy to surpass $100b by 2020
- Report: Retail, tech lead for mobile video
- Report: Pressure is on for security pros
- High viewability goals damaging ad campaign performance
- Retail: In-app purchases increasing as a percentage of digital sales
- Two countries, two different spending trends for Valentine's Day
- Ad Roundup: Platforms to improve data, prevent fraud
- Survey: SMBs getting out the vote
Featured White Papers
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...