News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Just 7% of organizations able to deliver effective cross-channel marketing
A new study reveals that the vast majority digital marketing professionals feel their organization is not able to deliver effective cross-channel marketing.
In their third annual Cross-Channel Marketing Report, carried out in association with Oracle Marketing Cloud, Econsultancy reveal the dire situation among digital and ecommerce marketing professionals.
Their study, among 1,000 such professionals, found that just 7% feel their organization is set up to deliver effective cross-channel marketing. That's despite two-thirds of respondents being in agreement that integrating key marketing activities across channels should be a priority. Less than half of marketers (49%) said their company is set up to enable cross-channel integration, even to a "certain extent".
However, just two in five ''understand customer journeys and adapt the channel mix accordingly". To this end, 60% of respondents said that their current marketing strategies such as messaging, execution and delivery, were fragmented across touch points
A lack of resources was found to be the biggest barrier to effectively orchestrated cross-channel marketing activities (22%).
"Time has become a precious commodity for marketers as they spread themselves even more thinly across multiple channels and platforms," says the report. "With increased emphasis on the importance of agile marketing, the key question on every marketer's lips is: are we spending too much time and energy on deploying and managing campaigns instead of focusing our efforts on experimenting, testing and optimization?"
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...