News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to be sure SaaS options are right for you
As more brands move more of their business online, software as a service (SaaS) options are also being adopted. But, how can you be certain the SaaS option that seems right for your brand is actually the best fit? One expert offers her opinion.
Kristina: What is the pull to SaaS for online brands?
Lauri Klaus, CEO and Founder, KeyedIn: Online brands have a natural affinity for SaaS solutions. They understand how the Cloud works as a computing platform and its many benefits in terms of cost, "anywhere access," ease of use and frequent feature updates.
Kristina: How can SaaS offerings make business simpler for users?
Lauri: The benefit of anytime, anywhere access - from any device (helping solve the BYOD dilema) - provides a great deal of flexibility and convenience for users. This, coupled with the fact that SaaS applications are, in general, designed to be extremely user-friendly and intuitive means users benefit from the software quickly (and the company realizes a faster ROI). The software arms the user with the tools and information to make their jobs easier and the business more productive and efficient.
Kristina: How can online businesses be sure the SaaS option they choose is right for them?
Lauri: Here are the most critical steps for choosing the right SaaS option: First, ensure that the solution you choose is being used by companies of your size and industry and that it will accomplish your specific goals. Second, if your vendor offers a free trial, take advantage of this to make sure the application fits your needs before making the purchase commitment. And remember, one of the key benefits of SaaS is that you are not locked into a long-term or expensive commitment, so don't be afraid to change a solution that is not meeting your business needs.
More from Lauri and KeyedIn later this week, including her debunking of the top 3 SaaS myths.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...