News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to be sure SaaS options are right for you
As more brands move more of their business online, software as a service (SaaS) options are also being adopted. But, how can you be certain the SaaS option that seems right for your brand is actually the best fit? One expert offers her opinion.
Kristina: What is the pull to SaaS for online brands?
Lauri Klaus, CEO and Founder, KeyedIn: Online brands have a natural affinity for SaaS solutions. They understand how the Cloud works as a computing platform and its many benefits in terms of cost, "anywhere access," ease of use and frequent feature updates.
Kristina: How can SaaS offerings make business simpler for users?
Lauri: The benefit of anytime, anywhere access - from any device (helping solve the BYOD dilema) - provides a great deal of flexibility and convenience for users. This, coupled with the fact that SaaS applications are, in general, designed to be extremely user-friendly and intuitive means users benefit from the software quickly (and the company realizes a faster ROI). The software arms the user with the tools and information to make their jobs easier and the business more productive and efficient.
Kristina: How can online businesses be sure the SaaS option they choose is right for them?
Lauri: Here are the most critical steps for choosing the right SaaS option: First, ensure that the solution you choose is being used by companies of your size and industry and that it will accomplish your specific goals. Second, if your vendor offers a free trial, take advantage of this to make sure the application fits your needs before making the purchase commitment. And remember, one of the key benefits of SaaS is that you are not locked into a long-term or expensive commitment, so don't be afraid to change a solution that is not meeting your business needs.
More from Lauri and KeyedIn later this week, including her debunking of the top 3 SaaS myths.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...