News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to be sure SaaS options are right for you
As more brands move more of their business online, software as a service (SaaS) options are also being adopted. But, how can you be certain the SaaS option that seems right for your brand is actually the best fit? One expert offers her opinion.
Kristina: What is the pull to SaaS for online brands?
Lauri Klaus, CEO and Founder, KeyedIn: Online brands have a natural affinity for SaaS solutions. They understand how the Cloud works as a computing platform and its many benefits in terms of cost, "anywhere access," ease of use and frequent feature updates.
Kristina: How can SaaS offerings make business simpler for users?
Lauri: The benefit of anytime, anywhere access - from any device (helping solve the BYOD dilema) - provides a great deal of flexibility and convenience for users. This, coupled with the fact that SaaS applications are, in general, designed to be extremely user-friendly and intuitive means users benefit from the software quickly (and the company realizes a faster ROI). The software arms the user with the tools and information to make their jobs easier and the business more productive and efficient.
Kristina: How can online businesses be sure the SaaS option they choose is right for them?
Lauri: Here are the most critical steps for choosing the right SaaS option: First, ensure that the solution you choose is being used by companies of your size and industry and that it will accomplish your specific goals. Second, if your vendor offers a free trial, take advantage of this to make sure the application fits your needs before making the purchase commitment. And remember, one of the key benefits of SaaS is that you are not locked into a long-term or expensive commitment, so don't be afraid to change a solution that is not meeting your business needs.
More from Lauri and KeyedIn later this week, including her debunking of the top 3 SaaS myths.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...