News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Hi-tech, beacon-driven dummies enter British stores
Hi-tech dummies are gracing the floors and windows of some of the UK's high-end stores. Using beacon technology these mannequins can transmit information about what they're wearing to shoppers' smartphones.
Mannequins have started to communicate with shoppers. Using beacons concealed about their person, the mannequins are programmed with information by the retailer and that information is then transmitted to shop browsers with enabled smartphones as they pass by.
Details can include the clothes the mannequin is wearing, its accessories and even prices. Links to purchase items direct from the retailer's website can also be transmitted, or an item's location within the store.
Shoppers can also share the information via social, access rewards and offers and save the mannequin's outfit to view at a later date.
"A recent Google report revealed that 84% of smartphone shoppers use their devices to help them browse while in a store. The technology we have developed aims to tap into this trend and offers real value to both retailers and consumers." said Jonathan Berlin, co-founder of Iconeme.
"The Internet of Things and beacon technology has been gaining momentum over the last few years but we are yet to see its practical and widespread use in retail outlets. Installing this technology in mannequins ensures it occupies a prime location and an ideal focus-point for shoppers, whether they are in the store itself or just passing by the window," he added.
Stores using the technology include Bentalls in Kingston Upon Thames, Jaeger and Hawes & Curtis in London and House of Fraser in Aberdeen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...