News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook enables ad targeting by connection speed
A new global targeting feature has been added to Facebook - the ability to target social networks users based on the type of connection they use.
Facebook's new feature will enable advertisers to target more relevant ads to users based on their connection speed and will mean less wasted ad impressions. Now, users on slower 2G networks who can't easily load and view video can instead be served an ad with an image or link in place of the video.
According to Brendan Sullivan, a Facebook product marketing manager, the "fragmented environment makes it difficult for businesses to reach people with valuable experiences on their mobile devices".
Advertisers such as Vodafone in India are testing the new targeting feature with good early results. "We are excited about the new mobile targeting option on Facebook which allows us sharper targeting to a relevant audience," says Ronita Mitra, Senior Vice President, Brand Communication, Insights and Online, Vodafone India. "We hope to see more such technology innovations across the industry."
Facebook already offers advertisers the option to target and reach people based on their device type and even model and operating system.
The new feature is accessible via its Ad Create, Power Editor and the API, and is available to advertisers wherever they are in the world.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...