News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook enables ad targeting by connection speed
A new global targeting feature has been added to Facebook - the ability to target social networks users based on the type of connection they use.
Facebook's new feature will enable advertisers to target more relevant ads to users based on their connection speed and will mean less wasted ad impressions. Now, users on slower 2G networks who can't easily load and view video can instead be served an ad with an image or link in place of the video.
According to Brendan Sullivan, a Facebook product marketing manager, the "fragmented environment makes it difficult for businesses to reach people with valuable experiences on their mobile devices".
Advertisers such as Vodafone in India are testing the new targeting feature with good early results. "We are excited about the new mobile targeting option on Facebook which allows us sharper targeting to a relevant audience," says Ronita Mitra, Senior Vice President, Brand Communication, Insights and Online, Vodafone India. "We hope to see more such technology innovations across the industry."
Facebook already offers advertisers the option to target and reach people based on their device type and even model and operating system.
The new feature is accessible via its Ad Create, Power Editor and the API, and is available to advertisers wherever they are in the world.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...