News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook enables ad targeting by connection speed
A new global targeting feature has been added to Facebook - the ability to target social networks users based on the type of connection they use.
Facebook's new feature will enable advertisers to target more relevant ads to users based on their connection speed and will mean less wasted ad impressions. Now, users on slower 2G networks who can't easily load and view video can instead be served an ad with an image or link in place of the video.
According to Brendan Sullivan, a Facebook product marketing manager, the "fragmented environment makes it difficult for businesses to reach people with valuable experiences on their mobile devices".
Advertisers such as Vodafone in India are testing the new targeting feature with good early results. "We are excited about the new mobile targeting option on Facebook which allows us sharper targeting to a relevant audience," says Ronita Mitra, Senior Vice President, Brand Communication, Insights and Online, Vodafone India. "We hope to see more such technology innovations across the industry."
Facebook already offers advertisers the option to target and reach people based on their device type and even model and operating system.
The new feature is accessible via its Ad Create, Power Editor and the API, and is available to advertisers wherever they are in the world.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Still a disconnect between data, growth
- Expert: How SMBs can be more productive
- Study: Transparency important to CPG buyers
- Report outlines the impact on brands of email fraud
- Millennials losing faith in traditional banks, trust tech firms more
- Report finds 'last mile' issues continue to dismay consumers
- Consumer satisfaction with mobile commerce falling
- YouTube wants agencies to learn from their top creators
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...