News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert Opinion: Why brands need a niche
Video, social, email, direct mail. The advertising avenues open for businesses today are massive, and there are rules that go along with each channel. One expert offers his advice on how to get the most from these channels.
Kristina: How can marketers better use social media?
Mark Satterfield, CEO and Founder, Gentle Rain Marketing, and author of The One Week Marketing Plan: Posting on social media sites for the sake of posting is a waste of time. Instead of focusing your efforts on low-probability events - such as winning a client through a tweet - use social media as a lead-generation tool to drive people to your blog posts. Come up with several different hooks for each blog you post to grab people's attention.
Kristina: There is an on-going debate over email versus direct mail. Care to weigh in?
Mark: Direct mail may sound old-school, but it is still a highly effective workhorse. As email increasingly becomes the communication vehicle of choice, there's less snail mail than ever - meaning a mailed sales letter can truly stand out. Moreover, there's more engagement with physical mail than with email. And, by buying the right mailing lists, you can pinpoint your target audience with laser-like precision.
Kristina: What about video? Is it an important part of an overall strategy?
Mark: Study after study shows that video is more effective in terms of SEO, lead generation, attracting prospects to your website, keeping them engaged while they are there, and ultimately converting them into customers. Moreover, since YouTube is now the second most searched site after Google, video takes on increased importance. Your first foray into video marketing should focus on motivating viewers to opt in for your free offer and join your list of subscribers.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...