News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert Opinion: Mobile, social to finish 2014 strong
For the past 12 months mobile and social have made headlines as new properties and platforms came into the online space. now mobile and social are making headlines because of the advertising and targeting they provide advertisers. One expert believe mobile and social will continue disrupting 2014 - in a good way.
"Without question [mobile] will be huge in 2014. We saw the largest spike of mobile Christmas shopping ever last year and will definitely set another record this year. The beauty of mobile and social in a combined fashion is that it provides consumers with unprecedented access and control. I can look on an app and read reviews and then go into the store to purchase," said Alex Yoder, CEO, Ebiquity.
Social, too, will hold increased power heading into the holidays, and those just from Twitter and Facebook.
"[Every] single mobile consumer ap leverages a social function today. I don't go out to eat, get my dry cleaning done, hire a car, or refill my prescriptions without leveraging mobile and social functions. I just bought two pair of shoes on Zappo's today and posted it on Facebook from within the Zappo's interface," said Yoder.
Looking ahead to the 2014 holidays, Yoder suggest we'll see continued innovation from mobile and social platforms as consumers continue not only to adopt mobile and social applications, but as those consumers change the way they engage and interact across the mobile and social spaces. And, looking out over the next few years, Yoder believes even more will be done across mobile and social.
"It won't be long before we are price shopping for a doctor's services on a mobile ap--price, referrals, insurance taken, automated appointments--just around the corner," said Yoder.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
- Survey: Consumers want to share product details with friends
- PageFair: Adblocking Goes Mainstream
- Study: SMB's pushing the social media spend
- Report: BOPIS hot for the holidays
- Apps are asking users for too much personal data and providing too little privacy information
- Facebook statuses - now you see them, now you don't
- Expert: SMBs banking on themselves
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...