News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert Opinion: Mobile, social to finish 2014 strong
For the past 12 months mobile and social have made headlines as new properties and platforms came into the online space. now mobile and social are making headlines because of the advertising and targeting they provide advertisers. One expert believe mobile and social will continue disrupting 2014 - in a good way.
"Without question [mobile] will be huge in 2014. We saw the largest spike of mobile Christmas shopping ever last year and will definitely set another record this year. The beauty of mobile and social in a combined fashion is that it provides consumers with unprecedented access and control. I can look on an app and read reviews and then go into the store to purchase," said Alex Yoder, CEO, Ebiquity.
Social, too, will hold increased power heading into the holidays, and those just from Twitter and Facebook.
"[Every] single mobile consumer ap leverages a social function today. I don't go out to eat, get my dry cleaning done, hire a car, or refill my prescriptions without leveraging mobile and social functions. I just bought two pair of shoes on Zappo's today and posted it on Facebook from within the Zappo's interface," said Yoder.
Looking ahead to the 2014 holidays, Yoder suggest we'll see continued innovation from mobile and social platforms as consumers continue not only to adopt mobile and social applications, but as those consumers change the way they engage and interact across the mobile and social spaces. And, looking out over the next few years, Yoder believes even more will be done across mobile and social.
"It won't be long before we are price shopping for a doctor's services on a mobile ap--price, referrals, insurance taken, automated appointments--just around the corner," said Yoder.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Desktops still lead online spending
- Video ad campaigns with subtitles outperform in brand awareness
- Two-thirds of ad execs Google prospective employees
- 61% of brand content on Snapchat is video
- Survey: Trust influences more consumers to share information
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- New service alerts marketers when competitors air new TV ads
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...