News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert Opinion: Mobile, social to finish 2014 strong
For the past 12 months mobile and social have made headlines as new properties and platforms came into the online space. now mobile and social are making headlines because of the advertising and targeting they provide advertisers. One expert believe mobile and social will continue disrupting 2014 - in a good way.
"Without question [mobile] will be huge in 2014. We saw the largest spike of mobile Christmas shopping ever last year and will definitely set another record this year. The beauty of mobile and social in a combined fashion is that it provides consumers with unprecedented access and control. I can look on an app and read reviews and then go into the store to purchase," said Alex Yoder, CEO, Ebiquity.
Social, too, will hold increased power heading into the holidays, and those just from Twitter and Facebook.
"[Every] single mobile consumer ap leverages a social function today. I don't go out to eat, get my dry cleaning done, hire a car, or refill my prescriptions without leveraging mobile and social functions. I just bought two pair of shoes on Zappo's today and posted it on Facebook from within the Zappo's interface," said Yoder.
Looking ahead to the 2014 holidays, Yoder suggest we'll see continued innovation from mobile and social platforms as consumers continue not only to adopt mobile and social applications, but as those consumers change the way they engage and interact across the mobile and social spaces. And, looking out over the next few years, Yoder believes even more will be done across mobile and social.
"It won't be long before we are price shopping for a doctor's services on a mobile ap--price, referrals, insurance taken, automated appointments--just around the corner," said Yoder.
Image via Shutterstock
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....