News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert Opinion: Mobile, social to finish 2014 strong
For the past 12 months mobile and social have made headlines as new properties and platforms came into the online space. now mobile and social are making headlines because of the advertising and targeting they provide advertisers. One expert believe mobile and social will continue disrupting 2014 - in a good way.
"Without question [mobile] will be huge in 2014. We saw the largest spike of mobile Christmas shopping ever last year and will definitely set another record this year. The beauty of mobile and social in a combined fashion is that it provides consumers with unprecedented access and control. I can look on an app and read reviews and then go into the store to purchase," said Alex Yoder, CEO, Ebiquity.
Social, too, will hold increased power heading into the holidays, and those just from Twitter and Facebook.
"[Every] single mobile consumer ap leverages a social function today. I don't go out to eat, get my dry cleaning done, hire a car, or refill my prescriptions without leveraging mobile and social functions. I just bought two pair of shoes on Zappo's today and posted it on Facebook from within the Zappo's interface," said Yoder.
Looking ahead to the 2014 holidays, Yoder suggest we'll see continued innovation from mobile and social platforms as consumers continue not only to adopt mobile and social applications, but as those consumers change the way they engage and interact across the mobile and social spaces. And, looking out over the next few years, Yoder believes even more will be done across mobile and social.
"It won't be long before we are price shopping for a doctor's services on a mobile ap--price, referrals, insurance taken, automated appointments--just around the corner," said Yoder.
Image via Shutterstock
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...