News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert Opinion: Mobile, social to finish 2014 strong
For the past 12 months mobile and social have made headlines as new properties and platforms came into the online space. now mobile and social are making headlines because of the advertising and targeting they provide advertisers. One expert believe mobile and social will continue disrupting 2014 - in a good way.
"Without question [mobile] will be huge in 2014. We saw the largest spike of mobile Christmas shopping ever last year and will definitely set another record this year. The beauty of mobile and social in a combined fashion is that it provides consumers with unprecedented access and control. I can look on an app and read reviews and then go into the store to purchase," said Alex Yoder, CEO, Ebiquity.
Social, too, will hold increased power heading into the holidays, and those just from Twitter and Facebook.
"[Every] single mobile consumer ap leverages a social function today. I don't go out to eat, get my dry cleaning done, hire a car, or refill my prescriptions without leveraging mobile and social functions. I just bought two pair of shoes on Zappo's today and posted it on Facebook from within the Zappo's interface," said Yoder.
Looking ahead to the 2014 holidays, Yoder suggest we'll see continued innovation from mobile and social platforms as consumers continue not only to adopt mobile and social applications, but as those consumers change the way they engage and interact across the mobile and social spaces. And, looking out over the next few years, Yoder believes even more will be done across mobile and social.
"It won't be long before we are price shopping for a doctor's services on a mobile ap--price, referrals, insurance taken, automated appointments--just around the corner," said Yoder.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...