News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Entertainment brands spending more on longer, less effective, video ads
Entertainment brands are increasingly turning to rich media and video ad formats to align themselves with consumers' increasing use of video on mobile devices, according to a new report released by Vdopia.
In their analysis of entertainment brand mobile ad campaigns viewed by consumers in the UK, Vdopia found it to be the highest spending sector on mobile ad campaigns.
At the same time, they found that banner ads are falling out of favor with just 4% of mobile ads run by entertainment brands being in this format. Six months ago, banner ad formats accounted for 14% of mobile ads. Meanwhile, video and rich media formats now account for a whopping 96%.
"The mobile ad landscape transformation from static banners to more engaging and interactive video and rich media formats is astonishing," said Farzad Jamal, Vdopia's European vice president.
Another interesting finding coming out of the Vdopia Mobile Insights Report (July, 2014) is that shorter ads of around 10 seconds were far more effective than longer versions yet advertisers were spending more on longer ads.
Despite the finding that ten second ads are twice as effective as 20 second versions, ten second ads attracted just 3% of mobile video ad spend. Meanwhile, 20 and 30 second ads accounted for nearly three-quarters of ad spend yet were 27% and 13% less effective respectively.
The reason behind this, muses Jamal, is perhaps because brands are re-purposing television ads for mobile.
- How to use your CTA to drive email conversions
- Expert: How to improve personalization strategy
- How to use payments as a marketing tool
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...