News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Entertainment brands spending more on longer, less effective, video ads
Entertainment brands are increasingly turning to rich media and video ad formats to align themselves with consumers' increasing use of video on mobile devices, according to a new report released by Vdopia.
In their analysis of entertainment brand mobile ad campaigns viewed by consumers in the UK, Vdopia found it to be the highest spending sector on mobile ad campaigns.
At the same time, they found that banner ads are falling out of favor with just 4% of mobile ads run by entertainment brands being in this format. Six months ago, banner ad formats accounted for 14% of mobile ads. Meanwhile, video and rich media formats now account for a whopping 96%.
"The mobile ad landscape transformation from static banners to more engaging and interactive video and rich media formats is astonishing," said Farzad Jamal, Vdopia's European vice president.
Another interesting finding coming out of the Vdopia Mobile Insights Report (July, 2014) is that shorter ads of around 10 seconds were far more effective than longer versions yet advertisers were spending more on longer ads.
Despite the finding that ten second ads are twice as effective as 20 second versions, ten second ads attracted just 3% of mobile video ad spend. Meanwhile, 20 and 30 second ads accounted for nearly three-quarters of ad spend yet were 27% and 13% less effective respectively.
The reason behind this, muses Jamal, is perhaps because brands are re-purposing television ads for mobile.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...