News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Early results show skipping ads improves engagement
Some early results are in and they may surprise some of you: the ability to skip pre-roll video ads can improve customer engagement.
It may sound wrong, but new data out from minteye shows brands' who used their Pre-Roll Skip Ad solution were rewarded with more engaged consumers - once those consumers clicked onto an ad. The minteye solution allows consumers to skip over pre-roll ads that hold no interest for them. The results: more control to the consumer who is then more likely to click on more relevant ads.
Here are a few takeaways from their early reporting:
• 3.5% of those exposed click on to the landing page vs. 0.6% click thru rate using other pre-roll solutions
• 4 times more consumers who skip visit the marketer's landing page vs. those who watch an entire ad
• 34% preferred to skip pre roll ads
• Those who 'slide to skip' retain at least 5.5 seconds of brand exposure
"The results from the campaigns we've run have proven the importance of minteye's Pre-Roll Skip Ad™ solution, which is generating both click-through and engagement improving the overall user experience from pre-rolls," said Gadi Hadar, CEO, minteye. "The real value of minteye's Pre-Roll Skip Ad™ is that it respects the consumer's time and ability to choose and the marketer's budget by delivering strong performance."
According to minteye, using their platform offers video advertisers great flexibility because when they incorporate slide to skip, it allows for more creativity. For those consumers who aren't interested, they simple skip over the ad, while those who are interested can be immersed in a longer video session.
Image via Shutterstock
- Poll: SMBs worried over benefits, pay
- Expert: Tips for better small business expansion
- Mobile Roundup: Breaking down app, game installs
- 'Adblockalypse' now?
- Mobile drives fastest UK digital ad growth rate in 7 years
- Product page conversion rates average 8%
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...