News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers want brand videos but marketers not prioritizing
Consumers are interested in watching brand videos but, according to a new report by video content management solutions firm Levels Beyond, few marketers are prioritizing video content.
Levels Beyond's survey of over 1,000 consumers and more than 500 marketers reveals that 59% of consumers are likely to watch a brand video when visiting a brand's website. However, three-quarters (75%) of marketers said that producing video content isn't a priority despite 71% knowing they should.
And those brands not producing video are missing out on a big audience. Forty-three percent of consumers watching online video are watching brand content and 42% say they like it when brands put videos online. More than half (55%) prefer to watch brand videos on the company's website.
Some generations prefer video more than others, found the report "Brands not Meeting Consumer Desire for Video". For example, 51% of Millennials would rather watch a video than read text with the same information.
"Our research has shown that prioritizing the production and distribution of video content is a must, and that brands who focus on social channels will see a greater return on the time, effort and budget invested in social video," says Nick Rhodes, President and COO of Levels Beyond.
Image via Shutterstock
- Black Friday, Millennials, shopping, standing in line and... spiders
- Amazon strikes a pose with huge fashion photography studio in London
- How does $1-$3 per month sound for an ad-free Internet experience?
- Study: How mobiles are influencing moms
- Survey: SMBs drawing a line at Thanksgiving
- Is free enterprise search a game-changer?
- Expert: How mobile is changing customer relationships
- Prediction: Programmatic to push content marketing spend
Featured White Papers
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....