News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers want brand videos but marketers not prioritizing
Consumers are interested in watching brand videos but, according to a new report by video content management solutions firm Levels Beyond, few marketers are prioritizing video content.
Levels Beyond's survey of over 1,000 consumers and more than 500 marketers reveals that 59% of consumers are likely to watch a brand video when visiting a brand's website. However, three-quarters (75%) of marketers said that producing video content isn't a priority despite 71% knowing they should.
And those brands not producing video are missing out on a big audience. Forty-three percent of consumers watching online video are watching brand content and 42% say they like it when brands put videos online. More than half (55%) prefer to watch brand videos on the company's website.
Some generations prefer video more than others, found the report "Brands not Meeting Consumer Desire for Video". For example, 51% of Millennials would rather watch a video than read text with the same information.
"Our research has shown that prioritizing the production and distribution of video content is a must, and that brands who focus on social channels will see a greater return on the time, effort and budget invested in social video," says Nick Rhodes, President and COO of Levels Beyond.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Publishers concerned about Google, Facebook, competition
- Most parents will shop offline for Halloween candy and costumes
- VR, mobile to boost game industry revenues past $100 billion by 2018
- Four tips to connect with festive shoppers
- Retailers can convert 'window shoppers' with real-time analytics
- Mobile use during dining experience researched
- Ad Roundup: Programmatic making strides
- Report: Mobile shoppers do it in bed
Featured White Papers
- What should drive email Frequency
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email activity and engagement metrics across four similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email...
- The Design Advantage
Design is more than just an artistic endeavor. It is a philosophy and culture that influences every business decision. Companies...