News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers want brand videos but marketers not prioritizing
Consumers are interested in watching brand videos but, according to a new report by video content management solutions firm Levels Beyond, few marketers are prioritizing video content.
Levels Beyond's survey of over 1,000 consumers and more than 500 marketers reveals that 59% of consumers are likely to watch a brand video when visiting a brand's website. However, three-quarters (75%) of marketers said that producing video content isn't a priority despite 71% knowing they should.
And those brands not producing video are missing out on a big audience. Forty-three percent of consumers watching online video are watching brand content and 42% say they like it when brands put videos online. More than half (55%) prefer to watch brand videos on the company's website.
Some generations prefer video more than others, found the report "Brands not Meeting Consumer Desire for Video". For example, 51% of Millennials would rather watch a video than read text with the same information.
"Our research has shown that prioritizing the production and distribution of video content is a must, and that brands who focus on social channels will see a greater return on the time, effort and budget invested in social video," says Nick Rhodes, President and COO of Levels Beyond.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...