News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers want brand videos but marketers not prioritizing
Consumers are interested in watching brand videos but, according to a new report by video content management solutions firm Levels Beyond, few marketers are prioritizing video content.
Levels Beyond's survey of over 1,000 consumers and more than 500 marketers reveals that 59% of consumers are likely to watch a brand video when visiting a brand's website. However, three-quarters (75%) of marketers said that producing video content isn't a priority despite 71% knowing they should.
And those brands not producing video are missing out on a big audience. Forty-three percent of consumers watching online video are watching brand content and 42% say they like it when brands put videos online. More than half (55%) prefer to watch brand videos on the company's website.
Some generations prefer video more than others, found the report "Brands not Meeting Consumer Desire for Video". For example, 51% of Millennials would rather watch a video than read text with the same information.
"Our research has shown that prioritizing the production and distribution of video content is a must, and that brands who focus on social channels will see a greater return on the time, effort and budget invested in social video," says Nick Rhodes, President and COO of Levels Beyond.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
- Big brands found using 'dark UX' methods
- Video Roundup: New formats mean new opportunities
- Top 3 tips for chatbot, CSE integrations
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...