News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers want brand videos but marketers not prioritizing
Consumers are interested in watching brand videos but, according to a new report by video content management solutions firm Levels Beyond, few marketers are prioritizing video content.
Levels Beyond's survey of over 1,000 consumers and more than 500 marketers reveals that 59% of consumers are likely to watch a brand video when visiting a brand's website. However, three-quarters (75%) of marketers said that producing video content isn't a priority despite 71% knowing they should.
And those brands not producing video are missing out on a big audience. Forty-three percent of consumers watching online video are watching brand content and 42% say they like it when brands put videos online. More than half (55%) prefer to watch brand videos on the company's website.
Some generations prefer video more than others, found the report "Brands not Meeting Consumer Desire for Video". For example, 51% of Millennials would rather watch a video than read text with the same information.
"Our research has shown that prioritizing the production and distribution of video content is a must, and that brands who focus on social channels will see a greater return on the time, effort and budget invested in social video," says Nick Rhodes, President and COO of Levels Beyond.
Image via Shutterstock
- Surveys point to what Mom wants
- Study: Facebook key for ecommerce
- Ad Roundup: More formats, reporting available to brands
- What drives reward program spending
- Forecast: Local media to slide mobile
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...