News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
96% of UK advertisers purchased video ads the same way they buy TV ads
Video advertising platform Videology has released Q2 2014 findings on the U.K.'s video advertising market. The analysis reveals almost all online video advertisers are now buying ads as they would TV ads.
According to Rich Astley, UK managing director of Videology, "reserved buying at a fixed CPM is now fully embedded as the way for advertisers to buy video".
His comments come as his company releases their UK Video Market At-A-Glance report in which it is revealed that a whopping 96% of advertisers bought online ads the same way they do on TV during Q2 of this year. That is, they are buying in a reserved fashion and at a guaranteed CPM.
"As television and video buying becomes more converged advertisers want to know they can purchase video in the same way regardless of which screen it will be broadcast on," says Astley. "Guaranteed, programmatic buying is at the core of our offering, and it is clearly having an effect, as 9 out of every 10 campaigns are purchased in this way."
Also popular, according to the report, are advanced targeting methods such as geo-location, behavioral and day-part. Meanwhile, 56% continue to use traditional demographic targeting on its own and just 1% use both demographic and advanced methods.
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
- Study: Top retailers failing at email
- Study: Most shoppers engage via mobile before hitting stores
- Report: CPG brands reinvest in RTB
- Report: In mobile, color matters
- Vungle releases ad tool, integrates with Adap.TV
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...