News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
96% of UK advertisers purchased video ads the same way they buy TV ads
Video advertising platform Videology has released Q2 2014 findings on the U.K.'s video advertising market. The analysis reveals almost all online video advertisers are now buying ads as they would TV ads.
According to Rich Astley, UK managing director of Videology, "reserved buying at a fixed CPM is now fully embedded as the way for advertisers to buy video".
His comments come as his company releases their UK Video Market At-A-Glance report in which it is revealed that a whopping 96% of advertisers bought online ads the same way they do on TV during Q2 of this year. That is, they are buying in a reserved fashion and at a guaranteed CPM.
"As television and video buying becomes more converged advertisers want to know they can purchase video in the same way regardless of which screen it will be broadcast on," says Astley. "Guaranteed, programmatic buying is at the core of our offering, and it is clearly having an effect, as 9 out of every 10 campaigns are purchased in this way."
Also popular, according to the report, are advanced targeting methods such as geo-location, behavioral and day-part. Meanwhile, 56% continue to use traditional demographic targeting on its own and just 1% use both demographic and advanced methods.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...