News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
76% of UK's top tech and telecoms brands now have mobile-optimized website
Findings of a recent study from the Internet Advertising Bureau illustrate the increased awareness of the marketing potential of apps and mobile technology as more consumers use mobile to access the Internet.
The Internet Advertising Bureau's research found that more than three-quarters (76%) of the UK's 50 top technology and telecoms brands now have a mobile optimized website.
Furthermore, 62% of those brands had both a mobile website and an app, while 80% just had an app. Almost three-quarters (72%) had an app available in Google Play and 58% in the App Store.
More than a third (38%) of the brands are optimizing their paid search for mobile, with 47% of those optimizing their search including click-to-call in the ad creative.
Just 6% of the top 50 technology and telecoms brands surveyed for the IAB's 'Mobile Technology and Telecoms Audit', conducted in July 2014, had no mobile presence whatsoever.
"The IAB's mantra this year is to make mobile mandatory. We believe that by producing this series of sector specific audits we are encouraging brands to get to grips with mobile," said the Internet Advertising Bureau's head of mobile, Alex Kozloff.
"It's no longer OK to ignore mobile - if you're looking at engaging, selling or even driving awareness for your brand amongst your consumers, then you need to be embracing this medium."
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....