News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
76% of UK's top tech and telecoms brands now have mobile-optimized website
Findings of a recent study from the Internet Advertising Bureau illustrate the increased awareness of the marketing potential of apps and mobile technology as more consumers use mobile to access the Internet.
The Internet Advertising Bureau's research found that more than three-quarters (76%) of the UK's 50 top technology and telecoms brands now have a mobile optimized website.
Furthermore, 62% of those brands had both a mobile website and an app, while 80% just had an app. Almost three-quarters (72%) had an app available in Google Play and 58% in the App Store.
More than a third (38%) of the brands are optimizing their paid search for mobile, with 47% of those optimizing their search including click-to-call in the ad creative.
Just 6% of the top 50 technology and telecoms brands surveyed for the IAB's 'Mobile Technology and Telecoms Audit', conducted in July 2014, had no mobile presence whatsoever.
"The IAB's mantra this year is to make mobile mandatory. We believe that by producing this series of sector specific audits we are encouraging brands to get to grips with mobile," said the Internet Advertising Bureau's head of mobile, Alex Kozloff.
"It's no longer OK to ignore mobile - if you're looking at engaging, selling or even driving awareness for your brand amongst your consumers, then you need to be embracing this medium."
Image via Shutterstock
- Google adds business foot-traffic data to search
- 15% of Americans do not use the Internet
- By 2020, wearables will account for one-fifth of mobile transactions
- Brands: How to use programmatic TV buys to your advantage
- Top 3 tips that will help you use location more accurately
- Expert: How brands can ensure both worker mobility and business security
- Number of Mobile Addicts up 59% YoY
- Massive mobile ad fraud uncovered
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...