News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
76% of UK's top tech and telecoms brands now have mobile-optimized website
Findings of a recent study from the Internet Advertising Bureau illustrate the increased awareness of the marketing potential of apps and mobile technology as more consumers use mobile to access the Internet.
The Internet Advertising Bureau's research found that more than three-quarters (76%) of the UK's 50 top technology and telecoms brands now have a mobile optimized website.
Furthermore, 62% of those brands had both a mobile website and an app, while 80% just had an app. Almost three-quarters (72%) had an app available in Google Play and 58% in the App Store.
More than a third (38%) of the brands are optimizing their paid search for mobile, with 47% of those optimizing their search including click-to-call in the ad creative.
Just 6% of the top 50 technology and telecoms brands surveyed for the IAB's 'Mobile Technology and Telecoms Audit', conducted in July 2014, had no mobile presence whatsoever.
"The IAB's mantra this year is to make mobile mandatory. We believe that by producing this series of sector specific audits we are encouraging brands to get to grips with mobile," said the Internet Advertising Bureau's head of mobile, Alex Kozloff.
"It's no longer OK to ignore mobile - if you're looking at engaging, selling or even driving awareness for your brand amongst your consumers, then you need to be embracing this medium."
Image via Shutterstock
- Shoppers using mobile for BTS shopping
- Study: Most consumers satisfied with e-gift card buys
- Mobile's role in back to school shopping on the rise
- Report reveals tablet preferences and ownership differences between UK, US, and Oz
- Top 3 tips to improve SMS strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Platforms to simplify connection
- Reports: Price to factor in most Back to School purchases
- Survey: SMB owners still deciding their vote
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...