News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
76% of UK's top tech and telecoms brands now have mobile-optimized website
Findings of a recent study from the Internet Advertising Bureau illustrate the increased awareness of the marketing potential of apps and mobile technology as more consumers use mobile to access the Internet.
The Internet Advertising Bureau's research found that more than three-quarters (76%) of the UK's 50 top technology and telecoms brands now have a mobile optimized website.
Furthermore, 62% of those brands had both a mobile website and an app, while 80% just had an app. Almost three-quarters (72%) had an app available in Google Play and 58% in the App Store.
More than a third (38%) of the brands are optimizing their paid search for mobile, with 47% of those optimizing their search including click-to-call in the ad creative.
Just 6% of the top 50 technology and telecoms brands surveyed for the IAB's 'Mobile Technology and Telecoms Audit', conducted in July 2014, had no mobile presence whatsoever.
"The IAB's mantra this year is to make mobile mandatory. We believe that by producing this series of sector specific audits we are encouraging brands to get to grips with mobile," said the Internet Advertising Bureau's head of mobile, Alex Kozloff.
"It's no longer OK to ignore mobile - if you're looking at engaging, selling or even driving awareness for your brand amongst your consumers, then you need to be embracing this medium."
Image via Shutterstock
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...