News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
76% of UK's top tech and telecoms brands now have mobile-optimized website
Findings of a recent study from the Internet Advertising Bureau illustrate the increased awareness of the marketing potential of apps and mobile technology as more consumers use mobile to access the Internet.
The Internet Advertising Bureau's research found that more than three-quarters (76%) of the UK's 50 top technology and telecoms brands now have a mobile optimized website.
Furthermore, 62% of those brands had both a mobile website and an app, while 80% just had an app. Almost three-quarters (72%) had an app available in Google Play and 58% in the App Store.
More than a third (38%) of the brands are optimizing their paid search for mobile, with 47% of those optimizing their search including click-to-call in the ad creative.
Just 6% of the top 50 technology and telecoms brands surveyed for the IAB's 'Mobile Technology and Telecoms Audit', conducted in July 2014, had no mobile presence whatsoever.
"The IAB's mantra this year is to make mobile mandatory. We believe that by producing this series of sector specific audits we are encouraging brands to get to grips with mobile," said the Internet Advertising Bureau's head of mobile, Alex Kozloff.
"It's no longer OK to ignore mobile - if you're looking at engaging, selling or even driving awareness for your brand amongst your consumers, then you need to be embracing this medium."
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...