News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
5 keys for creating a solid online presence
Attracting a potential client's initial attention is often the most challenging part of growing a customer base. By focusing on a niche, brands don't need to address a general audience; instead, they communicate a very specific message concerning specific problems. Our expert offers his 5 tips to creating this kind of presence.
First, determine your niche.
"Many businesses resist niche marketing because they're afraid they'll miss out on larger opportunities. However, the reality is that by focusing your marketing on a niche you will stand out from your competition and eliminate many of the potential objections people have about doing business with you," said Mark Satterfield, CEO and Founder, Gentle Rain Marketing, and author of The One Week Marketing Plan.
Second, use free offers that will motivate customers. Make sure the offers have information the customers need and want for the best engagement.
Third, develop a landing page or site that promotes the free offer. Include a sign-up for your brand's newsletter or email list.
Fourth, create a drip.
"Create five to seven 'drip' marketing messages that will automatically be delivered to prospects after they have requested your free offer," said Satterfield.
Fifth, utilize search options.
"Drive traffic to your website through ads on search engines like Google and Bing, as well as on social media sites like Facebook and LinkedIn," said Satterfield.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad RoundUp: Partnerships increase ad support across channels
- Report: Fraud, conversions linked to traffic numbers
- Mobile Roundup: New solutions, partnerships to help mobile brands
- Expert: Non-Profits can thrive in the online space
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...