News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
5 keys for creating a solid online presence
Attracting a potential client's initial attention is often the most challenging part of growing a customer base. By focusing on a niche, brands don't need to address a general audience; instead, they communicate a very specific message concerning specific problems. Our expert offers his 5 tips to creating this kind of presence.
First, determine your niche.
"Many businesses resist niche marketing because they're afraid they'll miss out on larger opportunities. However, the reality is that by focusing your marketing on a niche you will stand out from your competition and eliminate many of the potential objections people have about doing business with you," said Mark Satterfield, CEO and Founder, Gentle Rain Marketing, and author of The One Week Marketing Plan.
Second, use free offers that will motivate customers. Make sure the offers have information the customers need and want for the best engagement.
Third, develop a landing page or site that promotes the free offer. Include a sign-up for your brand's newsletter or email list.
Fourth, create a drip.
"Create five to seven 'drip' marketing messages that will automatically be delivered to prospects after they have requested your free offer," said Satterfield.
Fifth, utilize search options.
"Drive traffic to your website through ads on search engines like Google and Bing, as well as on social media sites like Facebook and LinkedIn," said Satterfield.
Image via Shutterstock
- What drives reward program spending
- Forecast: Local media to slide mobile
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...