News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo: Mobile key for back to school shoppers
Summer is quickly approaching the half-way mark, and that has many retailers finalizing back to school plans and strategies. Yahoo Marketing is offering tips to help retailers make the most of the back to school season.
Last year, back to school shoppers in the US spent just over $70 billion, and while most purchases are still made in stores the research that helps students decide what computers, backpacks and supplies they want happens online. Nearly half (47%) of back to school shoppers research purchases online and this summer most (80%) say they'll do even more research online - along with more shopping for products.
Other interesting takeaways from Yahoo's research include:
• 66% of moms prefer 'personally relevant' online ads
• 49% of BTS shoppers say they have used or will use mobile devices to shop/research
• 35% say mobiles are their 'go to' for BTS shopping
• College shoppers spend about 33% more than K-12 shoppers
As for when those back to school campaigns should begin - early is good. Yahoo's research indicates parents start back to school shopping 2+ months from the first say of school (K-12 students), and many will continue shopping through September.
Image via Shutterstock
- Most media chiefs believe fake news is good for business
- Study: Trust, payments annoy marketplace sellers
- Expert: How RegTech will impact 2017
- Top 3 tips to improve your mobile video strategy
- SMBs bemoan relationship with their bank
- 92% of first-time website visitors are there for reasons other than to make a purchase
- Ad Roundup: Retail, ad solutions launched
- Expert IDs drivers for mobile video
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...