News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo: Mobile key for back to school shoppers
Summer is quickly approaching the half-way mark, and that has many retailers finalizing back to school plans and strategies. Yahoo Marketing is offering tips to help retailers make the most of the back to school season.
Last year, back to school shoppers in the US spent just over $70 billion, and while most purchases are still made in stores the research that helps students decide what computers, backpacks and supplies they want happens online. Nearly half (47%) of back to school shoppers research purchases online and this summer most (80%) say they'll do even more research online - along with more shopping for products.
Other interesting takeaways from Yahoo's research include:
• 66% of moms prefer 'personally relevant' online ads
• 49% of BTS shoppers say they have used or will use mobile devices to shop/research
• 35% say mobiles are their 'go to' for BTS shopping
• College shoppers spend about 33% more than K-12 shoppers
As for when those back to school campaigns should begin - early is good. Yahoo's research indicates parents start back to school shopping 2+ months from the first say of school (K-12 students), and many will continue shopping through September.
Image via Shutterstock
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...