News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo: Mobile key for back to school shoppers
Summer is quickly approaching the half-way mark, and that has many retailers finalizing back to school plans and strategies. Yahoo Marketing is offering tips to help retailers make the most of the back to school season.
Last year, back to school shoppers in the US spent just over $70 billion, and while most purchases are still made in stores the research that helps students decide what computers, backpacks and supplies they want happens online. Nearly half (47%) of back to school shoppers research purchases online and this summer most (80%) say they'll do even more research online - along with more shopping for products.
Other interesting takeaways from Yahoo's research include:
• 66% of moms prefer 'personally relevant' online ads
• 49% of BTS shoppers say they have used or will use mobile devices to shop/research
• 35% say mobiles are their 'go to' for BTS shopping
• College shoppers spend about 33% more than K-12 shoppers
As for when those back to school campaigns should begin - early is good. Yahoo's research indicates parents start back to school shopping 2+ months from the first say of school (K-12 students), and many will continue shopping through September.
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...