News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Why brands might try targeting Daddy
For generations most brands have focused on targeting Mommy in their ads - moms were home, did the shopping, ran the carpool and maybe worked from home part time. But there is a new trend in the US - that of Daddy staying home to run things while Mommy leaves for an outside job.
According to new data out from Pew Research the number of dads staying home with the kids has risen sharply in the US over the past 10 years. Their data shows about 1.5 million US dads were raising their families while moms worked in 1994. Twenty years later, that number has topped the 2 million mark.
"The number of fathers who are at home with their children for any reason has nearly doubled since 1989, when 1.1 million were in this category.2 It reached its highest point--2.2 million--in 2010, just after the official end of the recession, which spanned from 2007 to 2009. Since that time, the number has fallen slightly, driven mainly by declines in unemployment," writes Gretchen Livingston, Pew Research.
Some interesting takeaways include:
• 24% of Stay at Home (SaH) dads are under age 35
• 42% of SaH moms are under 35 years old
• 51% of Americans surveyed said kids were 'better off at home with mom', 8% said the same about dads
• 48% of dads and 52% of moms said they 'would prefer' being home to raise the children than working outside the home
Image via Shutterstock
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...