News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Why brands might try targeting Daddy
For generations most brands have focused on targeting Mommy in their ads - moms were home, did the shopping, ran the carpool and maybe worked from home part time. But there is a new trend in the US - that of Daddy staying home to run things while Mommy leaves for an outside job.
According to new data out from Pew Research the number of dads staying home with the kids has risen sharply in the US over the past 10 years. Their data shows about 1.5 million US dads were raising their families while moms worked in 1994. Twenty years later, that number has topped the 2 million mark.
"The number of fathers who are at home with their children for any reason has nearly doubled since 1989, when 1.1 million were in this category.2 It reached its highest point--2.2 million--in 2010, just after the official end of the recession, which spanned from 2007 to 2009. Since that time, the number has fallen slightly, driven mainly by declines in unemployment," writes Gretchen Livingston, Pew Research.
Some interesting takeaways include:
• 24% of Stay at Home (SaH) dads are under age 35
• 42% of SaH moms are under 35 years old
• 51% of Americans surveyed said kids were 'better off at home with mom', 8% said the same about dads
• 48% of dads and 52% of moms said they 'would prefer' being home to raise the children than working outside the home
Image via Shutterstock
- Big brands' ads found playing before ISIS YouTube videos
- Image-based social networks up their ad game
- Few help desk systems are cloud-based
- Survey: Phablets fastest growing mobile device
- Brands: How content should change your mobile strategy
- In-store sales down for Valentines finds report
- Top 3 tips for non-profits to succeed in digital
- Ad RoundUp: Partnerships increase ad support across channels
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...