News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Why brands might try targeting Daddy
For generations most brands have focused on targeting Mommy in their ads - moms were home, did the shopping, ran the carpool and maybe worked from home part time. But there is a new trend in the US - that of Daddy staying home to run things while Mommy leaves for an outside job.
According to new data out from Pew Research the number of dads staying home with the kids has risen sharply in the US over the past 10 years. Their data shows about 1.5 million US dads were raising their families while moms worked in 1994. Twenty years later, that number has topped the 2 million mark.
"The number of fathers who are at home with their children for any reason has nearly doubled since 1989, when 1.1 million were in this category.2 It reached its highest point--2.2 million--in 2010, just after the official end of the recession, which spanned from 2007 to 2009. Since that time, the number has fallen slightly, driven mainly by declines in unemployment," writes Gretchen Livingston, Pew Research.
Some interesting takeaways include:
• 24% of Stay at Home (SaH) dads are under age 35
• 42% of SaH moms are under 35 years old
• 51% of Americans surveyed said kids were 'better off at home with mom', 8% said the same about dads
• 48% of dads and 52% of moms said they 'would prefer' being home to raise the children than working outside the home
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Platforms to improve data, prevent fraud
- Survey: SMBs getting out the vote
- Research reveals number of mobile loyalty schemes to double by 2020
- Laptops more popular than mobile for travel research
- Super Bowl: 82% of searches driven by TV ads made on mobile
- Super Bowl winners and losers
- Report: Time spent on mobile skewing to apps
- Study: Loyalty higher for mall-wide programs
Featured White Papers
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...