News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK retail multichannel customer experience inconsistent
Retailers today have more customer service queries to answer across more channels than ever before yet, according to new research conducted by Eptica, many are failing to deliver.
Social channels such as Facebook and Twitter are increasingly being used for customer service by retailers and consumers alike. However, according to research carried out among UK retailers, many are failing to deliver a consistent service across channels.
For example, email continues to be the best-performing channel for retail customer service, found Eptica's Multichannel Customer Experience Study. Two-thirds (63%) of questions are responded to. Websites, too, are successful in responding with 60% of queries answered. However, on Twitter just 33% of queries are being answered effectively.
Eptica's research also reveals that retailers are failing to offer a choice of channel via which consumers can interact. While three-quarters (73%) offer email and Twitter alongside a website, just 5% also offered live web chat.
Furthermore, consistency of responses was poor. Just 13% of retailers provided the same or similar answers on two channels.
"The retail sector has been revolutionized by the expansion of digital channels, meaning retailers have to answer more questions, across more channels, than ever before," said Olivier Njamfa, CEO and Co-founder, Eptica. "However, our study shows that, while some retailers are leading the way, many are failing to deliver fast, accurate responses and consistency across channels."
Image via Shutterstock
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...