News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK retail multichannel customer experience inconsistent
Retailers today have more customer service queries to answer across more channels than ever before yet, according to new research conducted by Eptica, many are failing to deliver.
Social channels such as Facebook and Twitter are increasingly being used for customer service by retailers and consumers alike. However, according to research carried out among UK retailers, many are failing to deliver a consistent service across channels.
For example, email continues to be the best-performing channel for retail customer service, found Eptica's Multichannel Customer Experience Study. Two-thirds (63%) of questions are responded to. Websites, too, are successful in responding with 60% of queries answered. However, on Twitter just 33% of queries are being answered effectively.
Eptica's research also reveals that retailers are failing to offer a choice of channel via which consumers can interact. While three-quarters (73%) offer email and Twitter alongside a website, just 5% also offered live web chat.
Furthermore, consistency of responses was poor. Just 13% of retailers provided the same or similar answers on two channels.
"The retail sector has been revolutionized by the expansion of digital channels, meaning retailers have to answer more questions, across more channels, than ever before," said Olivier Njamfa, CEO and Co-founder, Eptica. "However, our study shows that, while some retailers are leading the way, many are failing to deliver fast, accurate responses and consistency across channels."
Image via Shutterstock
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
- Expert: How to better leverage content via mobile
- Blogs play an important role in the path to purchase
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....