News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK retail multichannel customer experience inconsistent
Retailers today have more customer service queries to answer across more channels than ever before yet, according to new research conducted by Eptica, many are failing to deliver.
Social channels such as Facebook and Twitter are increasingly being used for customer service by retailers and consumers alike. However, according to research carried out among UK retailers, many are failing to deliver a consistent service across channels.
For example, email continues to be the best-performing channel for retail customer service, found Eptica's Multichannel Customer Experience Study. Two-thirds (63%) of questions are responded to. Websites, too, are successful in responding with 60% of queries answered. However, on Twitter just 33% of queries are being answered effectively.
Eptica's research also reveals that retailers are failing to offer a choice of channel via which consumers can interact. While three-quarters (73%) offer email and Twitter alongside a website, just 5% also offered live web chat.
Furthermore, consistency of responses was poor. Just 13% of retailers provided the same or similar answers on two channels.
"The retail sector has been revolutionized by the expansion of digital channels, meaning retailers have to answer more questions, across more channels, than ever before," said Olivier Njamfa, CEO and Co-founder, Eptica. "However, our study shows that, while some retailers are leading the way, many are failing to deliver fast, accurate responses and consistency across channels."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...