News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK retail multichannel customer experience inconsistent
Retailers today have more customer service queries to answer across more channels than ever before yet, according to new research conducted by Eptica, many are failing to deliver.
Social channels such as Facebook and Twitter are increasingly being used for customer service by retailers and consumers alike. However, according to research carried out among UK retailers, many are failing to deliver a consistent service across channels.
For example, email continues to be the best-performing channel for retail customer service, found Eptica's Multichannel Customer Experience Study. Two-thirds (63%) of questions are responded to. Websites, too, are successful in responding with 60% of queries answered. However, on Twitter just 33% of queries are being answered effectively.
Eptica's research also reveals that retailers are failing to offer a choice of channel via which consumers can interact. While three-quarters (73%) offer email and Twitter alongside a website, just 5% also offered live web chat.
Furthermore, consistency of responses was poor. Just 13% of retailers provided the same or similar answers on two channels.
"The retail sector has been revolutionized by the expansion of digital channels, meaning retailers have to answer more questions, across more channels, than ever before," said Olivier Njamfa, CEO and Co-founder, Eptica. "However, our study shows that, while some retailers are leading the way, many are failing to deliver fast, accurate responses and consistency across channels."
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...