News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK retail multichannel customer experience inconsistent
Retailers today have more customer service queries to answer across more channels than ever before yet, according to new research conducted by Eptica, many are failing to deliver.
Social channels such as Facebook and Twitter are increasingly being used for customer service by retailers and consumers alike. However, according to research carried out among UK retailers, many are failing to deliver a consistent service across channels.
For example, email continues to be the best-performing channel for retail customer service, found Eptica's Multichannel Customer Experience Study. Two-thirds (63%) of questions are responded to. Websites, too, are successful in responding with 60% of queries answered. However, on Twitter just 33% of queries are being answered effectively.
Eptica's research also reveals that retailers are failing to offer a choice of channel via which consumers can interact. While three-quarters (73%) offer email and Twitter alongside a website, just 5% also offered live web chat.
Furthermore, consistency of responses was poor. Just 13% of retailers provided the same or similar answers on two channels.
"The retail sector has been revolutionized by the expansion of digital channels, meaning retailers have to answer more questions, across more channels, than ever before," said Olivier Njamfa, CEO and Co-founder, Eptica. "However, our study shows that, while some retailers are leading the way, many are failing to deliver fast, accurate responses and consistency across channels."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...