News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Mobile advertising spend almost on a par with print
Mobile advertising spend in the UK is a hair's breadth away from print newspaper advertising spend, according to recently released figures from eMarketer.
Mobile advertising spend will account for 13.4% of total ad spend in 2014, according to eMarketer, not far off print newspaper's 13.6% and way above print magazine's 4.9%.
Mobile is set to reach over $3.16 billion this year, a 96% rise on 2013 ($1.61 billion) and, by 2018, will account for 39.1% of total paid media spending in the UK.
"Robust growth in the mobile channel is driving the bulk of [overall] digital ad growth in the UK," said eMarketer in its report. "The dramatic growth of mobile and video ad expenditures will boost digital ad spending throughout the forecast period."
Last month, Ofcom's report 'News Consumption in the UK' revealed that, for the first time, digital news consumption has overtaken print. Today, 41% of people use the Internet to keep up to date with news, just ahead of the 40% who continue to read print newspapers.
The rise in digital news consumption has been driven, in part, by increased mobile and tablet use, particularly among younger generations. Those between the ages of 16 and 24 are ten times more likely than those age 55 and over to access news on a mobile (40% vs 4%) and twice as likely on a tablet (15% vs 7%).
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...