News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Mobile advertising spend almost on a par with print
Mobile advertising spend in the UK is a hair's breadth away from print newspaper advertising spend, according to recently released figures from eMarketer.
Mobile advertising spend will account for 13.4% of total ad spend in 2014, according to eMarketer, not far off print newspaper's 13.6% and way above print magazine's 4.9%.
Mobile is set to reach over $3.16 billion this year, a 96% rise on 2013 ($1.61 billion) and, by 2018, will account for 39.1% of total paid media spending in the UK.
"Robust growth in the mobile channel is driving the bulk of [overall] digital ad growth in the UK," said eMarketer in its report. "The dramatic growth of mobile and video ad expenditures will boost digital ad spending throughout the forecast period."
Last month, Ofcom's report 'News Consumption in the UK' revealed that, for the first time, digital news consumption has overtaken print. Today, 41% of people use the Internet to keep up to date with news, just ahead of the 40% who continue to read print newspapers.
The rise in digital news consumption has been driven, in part, by increased mobile and tablet use, particularly among younger generations. Those between the ages of 16 and 24 are ten times more likely than those age 55 and over to access news on a mobile (40% vs 4%) and twice as likely on a tablet (15% vs 7%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 4 email worst practices and solutions
- Ad Roundup: Releases, partnerships focus on data
- Expert: How SMB owners can embrace the CMO title
- New AI technology optimizes mobile video ad campaigns
- eSports' social following growing faster than traditional sports
- Omnichannel retail strategy key to SME success
- UK: Post-Brexit sees rise in overseas online orders
- Study: Time spent with top 100 apps up 10%
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...