News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Mobile advertising spend almost on a par with print
Mobile advertising spend in the UK is a hair's breadth away from print newspaper advertising spend, according to recently released figures from eMarketer.
Mobile advertising spend will account for 13.4% of total ad spend in 2014, according to eMarketer, not far off print newspaper's 13.6% and way above print magazine's 4.9%.
Mobile is set to reach over $3.16 billion this year, a 96% rise on 2013 ($1.61 billion) and, by 2018, will account for 39.1% of total paid media spending in the UK.
"Robust growth in the mobile channel is driving the bulk of [overall] digital ad growth in the UK," said eMarketer in its report. "The dramatic growth of mobile and video ad expenditures will boost digital ad spending throughout the forecast period."
Last month, Ofcom's report 'News Consumption in the UK' revealed that, for the first time, digital news consumption has overtaken print. Today, 41% of people use the Internet to keep up to date with news, just ahead of the 40% who continue to read print newspapers.
The rise in digital news consumption has been driven, in part, by increased mobile and tablet use, particularly among younger generations. Those between the ages of 16 and 24 are ten times more likely than those age 55 and over to access news on a mobile (40% vs 4%) and twice as likely on a tablet (15% vs 7%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Physical stores still popular with teen fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
- Study: Top retailers failing at email
- Study: Most shoppers engage via mobile before hitting stores
- Report: CPG brands reinvest in RTB
- Report: In mobile, color matters
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...