News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Mobile advertising spend almost on a par with print
Mobile advertising spend in the UK is a hair's breadth away from print newspaper advertising spend, according to recently released figures from eMarketer.
Mobile advertising spend will account for 13.4% of total ad spend in 2014, according to eMarketer, not far off print newspaper's 13.6% and way above print magazine's 4.9%.
Mobile is set to reach over $3.16 billion this year, a 96% rise on 2013 ($1.61 billion) and, by 2018, will account for 39.1% of total paid media spending in the UK.
"Robust growth in the mobile channel is driving the bulk of [overall] digital ad growth in the UK," said eMarketer in its report. "The dramatic growth of mobile and video ad expenditures will boost digital ad spending throughout the forecast period."
Last month, Ofcom's report 'News Consumption in the UK' revealed that, for the first time, digital news consumption has overtaken print. Today, 41% of people use the Internet to keep up to date with news, just ahead of the 40% who continue to read print newspapers.
The rise in digital news consumption has been driven, in part, by increased mobile and tablet use, particularly among younger generations. Those between the ages of 16 and 24 are ten times more likely than those age 55 and over to access news on a mobile (40% vs 4%) and twice as likely on a tablet (15% vs 7%).
Image via Shutterstock
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...