News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Mobile advertising spend almost on a par with print
Mobile advertising spend in the UK is a hair's breadth away from print newspaper advertising spend, according to recently released figures from eMarketer.
Mobile advertising spend will account for 13.4% of total ad spend in 2014, according to eMarketer, not far off print newspaper's 13.6% and way above print magazine's 4.9%.
Mobile is set to reach over $3.16 billion this year, a 96% rise on 2013 ($1.61 billion) and, by 2018, will account for 39.1% of total paid media spending in the UK.
"Robust growth in the mobile channel is driving the bulk of [overall] digital ad growth in the UK," said eMarketer in its report. "The dramatic growth of mobile and video ad expenditures will boost digital ad spending throughout the forecast period."
Last month, Ofcom's report 'News Consumption in the UK' revealed that, for the first time, digital news consumption has overtaken print. Today, 41% of people use the Internet to keep up to date with news, just ahead of the 40% who continue to read print newspapers.
The rise in digital news consumption has been driven, in part, by increased mobile and tablet use, particularly among younger generations. Those between the ages of 16 and 24 are ten times more likely than those age 55 and over to access news on a mobile (40% vs 4%) and twice as likely on a tablet (15% vs 7%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Six ways to increase the performance of your Pinterest Pins
- Personalization key to becoming a 'Best Friend Brand'
- Young mobile users annoyed by ads in apps
- Top 3 tips to harness dark social data
- Report: M:Commerce share up one-third
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
Featured White Papers
- How to Create a Mobile Device Storefront
It is estimated that 55% of Americans regularly shop online at an average of 15.6 online purchases per year. However,...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Here's why the savvy ones in the business are outsourcing their content right now (and why you should be, too)....