News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
Online retailers in the U.K. are capitalizing on the opportunity to tap international markets and are improving website functionality and customer propositions to attract and service overseas customers.
In its third 'International eCommerce Delivery Report' retail and hospitality IT solutions firm MICROS reveals the improvements being made by British ecommerce to attract international customers. Two-thirds (67%) of U.K. retailers now offer an international delivery service.
The evaluation of 112 U.K. retailers, sponsored by Royal Mail, coupled with the reported experiences of a panel of shoppers from 20 countries placing online orders, found that more delivery options are now being offered to those living outside the U.K. than in previous years. Almost a third (31%) now offers both a standard and an express delivery service for international customers - up from 18% two years ago.
Furthermore, overseas shoppers are being better informed of the delivery options available to them. While 73% of shoppers could find country-specific delivery information on a retailer's website in 2012, that has improved and now stands at 91%.
International customers are also being targeted by the provision of free shipping for orders over a specified threshold. A third (34%) now implement this service, up from just 6% two years ago.
"The online channel has given UK retailers easier access to overseas customers, making international markets a key driver of future growth," says Martin Hawkes, VP of Retail at MICROS. "Our research shows that many retailers are capitalizing on that opportunity and honing their websites and customer propositions to attract overseas shoppers."
Image via Shutterstock
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...