News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
Online retailers in the U.K. are capitalizing on the opportunity to tap international markets and are improving website functionality and customer propositions to attract and service overseas customers.
In its third 'International eCommerce Delivery Report' retail and hospitality IT solutions firm MICROS reveals the improvements being made by British ecommerce to attract international customers. Two-thirds (67%) of U.K. retailers now offer an international delivery service.
The evaluation of 112 U.K. retailers, sponsored by Royal Mail, coupled with the reported experiences of a panel of shoppers from 20 countries placing online orders, found that more delivery options are now being offered to those living outside the U.K. than in previous years. Almost a third (31%) now offers both a standard and an express delivery service for international customers - up from 18% two years ago.
Furthermore, overseas shoppers are being better informed of the delivery options available to them. While 73% of shoppers could find country-specific delivery information on a retailer's website in 2012, that has improved and now stands at 91%.
International customers are also being targeted by the provision of free shipping for orders over a specified threshold. A third (34%) now implement this service, up from just 6% two years ago.
"The online channel has given UK retailers easier access to overseas customers, making international markets a key driver of future growth," says Martin Hawkes, VP of Retail at MICROS. "Our research shows that many retailers are capitalizing on that opportunity and honing their websites and customer propositions to attract overseas shoppers."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...