News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
Online retailers in the U.K. are capitalizing on the opportunity to tap international markets and are improving website functionality and customer propositions to attract and service overseas customers.
In its third 'International eCommerce Delivery Report' retail and hospitality IT solutions firm MICROS reveals the improvements being made by British ecommerce to attract international customers. Two-thirds (67%) of U.K. retailers now offer an international delivery service.
The evaluation of 112 U.K. retailers, sponsored by Royal Mail, coupled with the reported experiences of a panel of shoppers from 20 countries placing online orders, found that more delivery options are now being offered to those living outside the U.K. than in previous years. Almost a third (31%) now offers both a standard and an express delivery service for international customers - up from 18% two years ago.
Furthermore, overseas shoppers are being better informed of the delivery options available to them. While 73% of shoppers could find country-specific delivery information on a retailer's website in 2012, that has improved and now stands at 91%.
International customers are also being targeted by the provision of free shipping for orders over a specified threshold. A third (34%) now implement this service, up from just 6% two years ago.
"The online channel has given UK retailers easier access to overseas customers, making international markets a key driver of future growth," says Martin Hawkes, VP of Retail at MICROS. "Our research shows that many retailers are capitalizing on that opportunity and honing their websites and customer propositions to attract overseas shoppers."
Image via Shutterstock
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...