News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
Online retailers in the U.K. are capitalizing on the opportunity to tap international markets and are improving website functionality and customer propositions to attract and service overseas customers.
In its third 'International eCommerce Delivery Report' retail and hospitality IT solutions firm MICROS reveals the improvements being made by British ecommerce to attract international customers. Two-thirds (67%) of U.K. retailers now offer an international delivery service.
The evaluation of 112 U.K. retailers, sponsored by Royal Mail, coupled with the reported experiences of a panel of shoppers from 20 countries placing online orders, found that more delivery options are now being offered to those living outside the U.K. than in previous years. Almost a third (31%) now offers both a standard and an express delivery service for international customers - up from 18% two years ago.
Furthermore, overseas shoppers are being better informed of the delivery options available to them. While 73% of shoppers could find country-specific delivery information on a retailer's website in 2012, that has improved and now stands at 91%.
International customers are also being targeted by the provision of free shipping for orders over a specified threshold. A third (34%) now implement this service, up from just 6% two years ago.
"The online channel has given UK retailers easier access to overseas customers, making international markets a key driver of future growth," says Martin Hawkes, VP of Retail at MICROS. "Our research shows that many retailers are capitalizing on that opportunity and honing their websites and customer propositions to attract overseas shoppers."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...