News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Consumers prefer next-day delivery to click and collect
Click and collect may be the buzz phrase in online delivery circles but, according to new research from ecommerce agency Ampersand Commerce, consumers would prefer to be offered a next-day delivery option.
UK consumers rate next-day delivery as their preferred delivery option, found the study.
Given the choice of next-day delivery, same-day delivery and click and collect, 46% would opt for next-day delivery, according to a recent YouGov survey - far more than would opt for same-day (21%) or click and collect (18%). Yet, Ampersand Commerce's research found that 36% of top UK retailers are not offering this option.
"How retailers optimize their delivery service will become a key differentiator in the next 12 months," says Darryl Adie, Managing Director, Ampersand Commerce. "Market leaders are already changing the definition of what next day means by offering later and later cut off times. The consumer demand and expectation for same day delivery is coming and retailers who streamline their next day delivery now will be best placed to compete in that space."
Other key findings of Ampersand Commerce's 2014 Retail Delivery and Fulfilment Report include:
- 60% of UK online retailers offer click and collect;
- 64% offer next-day delivery;
- 11% offer same-day delivery;
- 44% of UK consumers are not prepared to pay more for next-day delivery;
- 42% would pay up to £5 (US$8.57) for next-day delivery;
- 49% have tried click and collect;
- 22% of UK online retailers do not offer free returns;
- 91% of consumers have online purchases delivered to their home address.
Image via Shutterstock
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...