News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Consumers prefer next-day delivery to click and collect
Click and collect may be the buzz phrase in online delivery circles but, according to new research from ecommerce agency Ampersand Commerce, consumers would prefer to be offered a next-day delivery option.
UK consumers rate next-day delivery as their preferred delivery option, found the study.
Given the choice of next-day delivery, same-day delivery and click and collect, 46% would opt for next-day delivery, according to a recent YouGov survey - far more than would opt for same-day (21%) or click and collect (18%). Yet, Ampersand Commerce's research found that 36% of top UK retailers are not offering this option.
"How retailers optimize their delivery service will become a key differentiator in the next 12 months," says Darryl Adie, Managing Director, Ampersand Commerce. "Market leaders are already changing the definition of what next day means by offering later and later cut off times. The consumer demand and expectation for same day delivery is coming and retailers who streamline their next day delivery now will be best placed to compete in that space."
Other key findings of Ampersand Commerce's 2014 Retail Delivery and Fulfilment Report include:
- 60% of UK online retailers offer click and collect;
- 64% offer next-day delivery;
- 11% offer same-day delivery;
- 44% of UK consumers are not prepared to pay more for next-day delivery;
- 42% would pay up to £5 (US$8.57) for next-day delivery;
- 49% have tried click and collect;
- 22% of UK online retailers do not offer free returns;
- 91% of consumers have online purchases delivered to their home address.
Image via Shutterstock
- Demandbase: What won't happen in 2015
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shoppers findings leads on social media
- Report: Analysis high on B2Bers New Year List
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...