News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Consumers prefer next-day delivery to click and collect
Click and collect may be the buzz phrase in online delivery circles but, according to new research from ecommerce agency Ampersand Commerce, consumers would prefer to be offered a next-day delivery option.
UK consumers rate next-day delivery as their preferred delivery option, found the study.
Given the choice of next-day delivery, same-day delivery and click and collect, 46% would opt for next-day delivery, according to a recent YouGov survey - far more than would opt for same-day (21%) or click and collect (18%). Yet, Ampersand Commerce's research found that 36% of top UK retailers are not offering this option.
"How retailers optimize their delivery service will become a key differentiator in the next 12 months," says Darryl Adie, Managing Director, Ampersand Commerce. "Market leaders are already changing the definition of what next day means by offering later and later cut off times. The consumer demand and expectation for same day delivery is coming and retailers who streamline their next day delivery now will be best placed to compete in that space."
Other key findings of Ampersand Commerce's 2014 Retail Delivery and Fulfilment Report include:
- 60% of UK online retailers offer click and collect;
- 64% offer next-day delivery;
- 11% offer same-day delivery;
- 44% of UK consumers are not prepared to pay more for next-day delivery;
- 42% would pay up to £5 (US$8.57) for next-day delivery;
- 49% have tried click and collect;
- 22% of UK online retailers do not offer free returns;
- 91% of consumers have online purchases delivered to their home address.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Safety key to wearables future
- Study: Half of shoppers look for 'https' or other security symbols online
- Cash, and wallets, soon to be things of the past?
- Expert: How Siri, Echo are changing content needs
- Costumes are big business again this Halloween
- Mobile to play increasing role in holiday season shopping
- Nielsen research reveals countries least likely to embrace mobile-only banking
- Mobile use in restaurants - tolerable or taboo?
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....