News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Consumers prefer next-day delivery to click and collect
Click and collect may be the buzz phrase in online delivery circles but, according to new research from ecommerce agency Ampersand Commerce, consumers would prefer to be offered a next-day delivery option.
UK consumers rate next-day delivery as their preferred delivery option, found the study.
Given the choice of next-day delivery, same-day delivery and click and collect, 46% would opt for next-day delivery, according to a recent YouGov survey - far more than would opt for same-day (21%) or click and collect (18%). Yet, Ampersand Commerce's research found that 36% of top UK retailers are not offering this option.
"How retailers optimize their delivery service will become a key differentiator in the next 12 months," says Darryl Adie, Managing Director, Ampersand Commerce. "Market leaders are already changing the definition of what next day means by offering later and later cut off times. The consumer demand and expectation for same day delivery is coming and retailers who streamline their next day delivery now will be best placed to compete in that space."
Other key findings of Ampersand Commerce's 2014 Retail Delivery and Fulfilment Report include:
- 60% of UK online retailers offer click and collect;
- 64% offer next-day delivery;
- 11% offer same-day delivery;
- 44% of UK consumers are not prepared to pay more for next-day delivery;
- 42% would pay up to £5 (US$8.57) for next-day delivery;
- 49% have tried click and collect;
- 22% of UK online retailers do not offer free returns;
- 91% of consumers have online purchases delivered to their home address.
Image via Shutterstock
- Seniors unhappy with stereotypes used in advertising
- Top 3 SaaS myths debunked
- Traits independent retailers need to compete
- Report illustrates traditional vs. digital media consumption
- New tool to optimize, monitor content
- Study: Privacy concerns high for wearable tech
- Internet of Things not just for the tech-savvy
- Retale: 73% of parents to use mobile for back-to-school shopping
Featured White Papers
- Top 12 Marketing Tips for the Holidays
Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? Though the holidays might seem far away, leading retailers will start preparing for the...
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...