News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
In the same week that Facebook announced the trial of a 'Buy' button in advertisers' posts and ads, Twitter has announced the acquisition of payments startup Cardspring.
Last week, Facebook announced a new ad and post format is being tested that prompts users to click, or tap, a 'Buy' button in ads or posts on their newsfeed. This action will enable them to purchase directly from the retailer without having to leave the social network.
In the same vein, Twitter is now looking to make it just as easy to make a purchase as it is to send short messages with the acquisition of CardSpring, an application platform that enables the development of offers, loyalty programs, coupons and virtual currencies that work with credit cards and other payment formats.
According to Nathan Hubbard, Twitter head of commerce, CardSpring staff and their technology are "a great fit with our philosophy regarding the best ways to bring in-the-moment commerce experiences to our users".
Such "in-the-moment" experiences might be online-to-offline promotions that allow businesses Followers to activate a code on their credit card for use when they shop at a retailer's physical store. This new level of functionality ups the benefits of Twitter to more than just Tweets and Followers and allows businesses to create an additional commerce channel.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....