News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
In the same week that Facebook announced the trial of a 'Buy' button in advertisers' posts and ads, Twitter has announced the acquisition of payments startup Cardspring.
Last week, Facebook announced a new ad and post format is being tested that prompts users to click, or tap, a 'Buy' button in ads or posts on their newsfeed. This action will enable them to purchase directly from the retailer without having to leave the social network.
In the same vein, Twitter is now looking to make it just as easy to make a purchase as it is to send short messages with the acquisition of CardSpring, an application platform that enables the development of offers, loyalty programs, coupons and virtual currencies that work with credit cards and other payment formats.
According to Nathan Hubbard, Twitter head of commerce, CardSpring staff and their technology are "a great fit with our philosophy regarding the best ways to bring in-the-moment commerce experiences to our users".
Such "in-the-moment" experiences might be online-to-offline promotions that allow businesses Followers to activate a code on their credit card for use when they shop at a retailer's physical store. This new level of functionality ups the benefits of Twitter to more than just Tweets and Followers and allows businesses to create an additional commerce channel.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...