News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
In the same week that Facebook announced the trial of a 'Buy' button in advertisers' posts and ads, Twitter has announced the acquisition of payments startup Cardspring.
Last week, Facebook announced a new ad and post format is being tested that prompts users to click, or tap, a 'Buy' button in ads or posts on their newsfeed. This action will enable them to purchase directly from the retailer without having to leave the social network.
In the same vein, Twitter is now looking to make it just as easy to make a purchase as it is to send short messages with the acquisition of CardSpring, an application platform that enables the development of offers, loyalty programs, coupons and virtual currencies that work with credit cards and other payment formats.
According to Nathan Hubbard, Twitter head of commerce, CardSpring staff and their technology are "a great fit with our philosophy regarding the best ways to bring in-the-moment commerce experiences to our users".
Such "in-the-moment" experiences might be online-to-offline promotions that allow businesses Followers to activate a code on their credit card for use when they shop at a retailer's physical store. This new level of functionality ups the benefits of Twitter to more than just Tweets and Followers and allows businesses to create an additional commerce channel.
Image via Shutterstock
- How to use your CTA to drive email conversions
- Expert: How to improve personalization strategy
- How to use payments as a marketing tool
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...