News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 unique uses for consumer SMS
It's no secret that people around the world are more attached than ever to their smartphones. Whether actually making calls or texting with friends, or using mobile browsers to shop to using social networking apps to check-in with their friends from around the world, smartphones are seen as a necessity. CallFire has found, though, some unique uses for the SMS side of the mobile space.
First, people are using SMS to find/report lost pets. Using Interactive Voice response, Call Fire found many are using text messaging to contact lost pets' owners after typing in ID numbers to their devices.
"Individual counties like Snohomish County are implementing IVR systems to reunite pets with their owners, as well as companies such as MobiPet, which immediately sends out a photo alert by text or email to all registered veterinarians, animal shelters, and pet owners within a 30 mile radius when notified of a lost pet," writes the company.
Second, sports fans are using SMS to order courtside services at their favorite games. They are texting orders and having them delivered to their seats so they never miss a catch, an at-bat or a rebound.
Third, they are opening doors. Literal doors.
"Working with electronic door services, homeowners can equip their residence with smart doorknobs that can be locked and unlocked through SMS. Users text an authentication code, which triggers a signal to unlock or lock the door -- anytime, from anywhere. Numerous companies offer this service, including Lockitron and Goji Smart Lock," writes the company.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...