News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 unique uses for consumer SMS
It's no secret that people around the world are more attached than ever to their smartphones. Whether actually making calls or texting with friends, or using mobile browsers to shop to using social networking apps to check-in with their friends from around the world, smartphones are seen as a necessity. CallFire has found, though, some unique uses for the SMS side of the mobile space.
First, people are using SMS to find/report lost pets. Using Interactive Voice response, Call Fire found many are using text messaging to contact lost pets' owners after typing in ID numbers to their devices.
"Individual counties like Snohomish County are implementing IVR systems to reunite pets with their owners, as well as companies such as MobiPet, which immediately sends out a photo alert by text or email to all registered veterinarians, animal shelters, and pet owners within a 30 mile radius when notified of a lost pet," writes the company.
Second, sports fans are using SMS to order courtside services at their favorite games. They are texting orders and having them delivered to their seats so they never miss a catch, an at-bat or a rebound.
Third, they are opening doors. Literal doors.
"Working with electronic door services, homeowners can equip their residence with smart doorknobs that can be locked and unlocked through SMS. Users text an authentication code, which triggers a signal to unlock or lock the door -- anytime, from anywhere. Numerous companies offer this service, including Lockitron and Goji Smart Lock," writes the company.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
- Alternative to Dropbox and Box
Featured White Papers
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...